#910147 by Petmadness
16 Sep 2015, 20:59
Finally got around to posting this...... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Our excellent 4 night stay at the Outrigger Reef, Waikiki on Oahu had come to an end. After a heli-tour, shark cage trip, visiting the islands best beaches by car and snorkelling with sea turtles we had to prepare ourselves for the first leg of our return trip.
Checked in online (securing same excellent seats as the outbound) and paid for two bags, booked a cab to the airport for 5.45am and set the alarm for 5.15 (on vacation!)
Was quite impressed with the Hawaiian check in at HNL as it comprised of self check in kiosks with scales to weigh your own baggage and print all documents. Bags on the limits, BP's and baggage labels printed it was through a busy security then into, well not a lot at 6.30am. We took the 15 minute gentle stroll to our gate taking in the sunrise and bird song.
Our A330-200 called Keali'iokonaikalewa was waiting for us at gate 28 where priority boarding was in place and we were called after first due to our economy comfort seating.
image.jpg
Our ride to LAX
image.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 2115 times

We were met at the doors by smiley CC and directed to our rather luxurious legroom seats :-D
image.jpg
Economy comfort seats on Hawaiian
image.jpg (29.17 KiB) Viewed 2115 times

Flight time 4 hrs 43mins, scheduled to be 5hrs 20 with our lovely little taxi to the runway.
image.jpg
A pretty taxi to the runway
image.jpg (12.74 KiB) Viewed 2115 times

Flight was lovely again, crew very good as was the on board meal. Uneventful flight with a little bit of sleep to get us ready for our last night and full day in Los Angeles. Actually we stayed in Marina Del Rey and visited Manhattan, Hermosa and Rendondo beaches on our last day. Just grabbing the last of the Californian sunshine!
We landed at 15.50 & taxid past Qantas A380 & parked next to VS GVYUM 787. Through baggage nice'n'easy and then picked up car at an extremely busy Alamo depot where tempers were fraying....we just used a screen, printed our contracts and rolled out in 10 minutes!

Hope you enjoyed.....LAX to LHR to come...I promise ;-)
#910149 by pjh
16 Sep 2015, 21:24
Thanks for the TR. The legroom in that economy seat is astonishing!
#910151 by WPIL
16 Sep 2015, 21:31
Like the pictures on both your reports (LAX to LHR got me in the mood for my upcoming Upper trip, unfortunately I am outbound in E)
Apparently an American A321 recently did this trip in reverse, uncertified! Naughty American Airlines. Had to fly back empty.
#910154 by Petmadness
16 Sep 2015, 21:44
pjh wrote:Thanks for the TR. The legroom in that economy seat is astonishing!

This was Hawaiin's economy comfort seat which cost an extra £60!! A bargain as it was right behind business and had more legroom than them :-D
#910155 by Petmadness
16 Sep 2015, 21:46
WPIL wrote:Also 30 minutes to get ready to go, I would never be able to achieve this.

Had to be so well organised especially as Mrs P only thinks there is one 5.15 in any day!!

Enjoy your UC experience :D
Virgin Atlantic