#910976 by horburyflyer
03 Oct 2015, 22:20
So after a great week in and around the beach it was time to head home. The drive from North Redington to the airport took around 30mins as we ran into just about every red light!

Dropped off at the curbside I was welcomed warmly inside at the Delta check in desks. I was travelling on two tickets - one up to Atlanta and then one back to Manchester. This didn't cause any issues having my bag tagged all the way through to Manchester and both boarding cards issued.

Security was a breeze and I was walking the steps to the Delta sky club in no-time at all. Welcomed inside and enjoyed some Whicked Thai Chicken rice soup which was delicious and a G&T. I left the Skyclub when I knew the inbound aircraft was on the gate.

Boarding began at 1315 for a 1345 departure. Premium passengers boarded first. Welcomed at the door. This was an older 757 from my flight down. No seat back entertainment (no entertainment at all!) - looking at flyertalk it is scheduled to be refurbished in the next few months. It was clean and roomy though my seat had a mind of its own falling backwards at intervals.....

October is Delta's annual awareness and fundraising month for Breast cancer so the crew were in pink uniforms which looked great. Pink Lemonade was also on sale for $2 with all proceeds going to the campaign. A collection of loose change was also organised later in the flight.

Pre-take off beverages were offered and accepted and we pushed off the gate at 1342 with a flight time of 1hr5mins promised.

Airborne came at 1356 and the in-flight lead came around with the snack basket - filled with crisps, cookies, bananas, peanuts, pretzels, chocolate and brownie bites. A round of drinks soon followed with refills offered too.

Touchdown was at 1455 and we slow taxied across to A2. It was then a long walk to the plane-train which deposited me at the F concourse 20mins after touchdown. Really easy and quick.

It was then up to the Delta Sky Club where my next instalment will begin.....Good solid Delta experience. Friendly service and an on-time departure/arrival.

Thanks for reading

Jon