#916181 by tontybear
20 Jan 2016, 22:02
This was my positioning flight for my ex-CPH to NYC.

It's all very well booking these things but sometimes it's the positioning flights that cause grief. Luckily Norwegian fly from LGW to CPH and were cheaper then Easy Jet plus their flight times suited. I didn't fancy the trip to LHR.

Booking was easy. Presented with 3 different fare options

Low Fare - basically hand baggage only. Checked baggage for a fee.

Low Fare + - includes 1 * 20kg bag plus free seat reservation

Flex - as Low Fare + with the addition of fast track security (where available) plus free changes and refundable.

I chose low fare + plus an extra bag.

I did OCLI the day before.

Arrived at LGW at about 7.30 AM. large queue for bag drop but I checked in at desk. Flight was full. Check-in lady friendly.

Security was well organised but still a fair few people who think the rules don't apply to them or who don't follow instructions. What's so hard about taking your coat off??

I passed the VS CH after security. This time next year it'll have moved.

Boarding was fine. Was a slight mis-match between being called to board and them opening the doors. Boarding divided into two - front via jet way rear seats via steps and it was cold on the tarmac!

I'd chosen a window seat. So was quickly ensconced. Boarding somewhat slowed by people not following instructions or being selfish in putting coats into the over heads.

Saw a DYKWIA waving his used coffee cup in the air. Think he was told to keep hold of it!

Flight was smooth. Crew friendly selling drinks and light refreshments. I didn't partake. Tried the wifi but couldn't get it going.

Deplaning would have been quicker if people had been sensible about it.

Passport control was a bit of a mess. Long queues and only 2 officers but 3rd window opened.

Baggage on the carousel by the time I got there.

Then got the train for 36 (£3.60) Danish Krona to Copenhagen Central Station. My hotel 10 mins walk pulling my two cases away in the freezing cold. The Square. Very good. Have stayed there before when it had just opened. Bed a bit lumpy though.

Spend the evening in the Tivoli Gardens with a light show around the lake at 9.00PM and then fire works at 10.00 PM.

Was in bed by 11.30 and asleep by midnight.

New Year's Day brought it's own set of challenges!