#918688 by julmops
11 Mar 2016, 22:03
After a week in Denver, I was ready to head back to London. I was booked on the 12noon flight to Atlanta, with a 45 minutes connection in ATL.
Before leaving the hotel, I had checked the Delta app, which told me that my flight to ATL was delayed, preventing to connect there and I was given other choices with the only viable one was via DTW, connecting to a VS flight.
Happy with that, I confirmed my choice and went to the airport.
Once there, I couldn't check in at the machines but had to go to the Special Services desk, which was very busy but I eventually managed to get my luggage tagged and checked to London and my boarding pass to DTW, my next boarding pass would have to be issued at the gate in Detroit.
Flight was completely full but boarding was quick and efficient.
I was allocated 4D in Economy Comfort, just behind the curtain with the First cabin.
Service started quickly after take off, with a full bar service and a choice of snacks.
Refill was offered twice, which I thought was quite nice on a 2.5 hours flight. Even better when the wine actually came from the front galley on the 2 refills :D
Winds were definitely on our side as we reached Detroit in just over 2 hours.
All in all, I think Delta has got a solid product with Economy Comfort. This is not PE by any stretch but I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 sectors with them on this LHR-MSP-DEN-DTW-LHR round trip and will definitely consider them again for my trip to MCO next January. It most likely will be a combination of DL and VS Economy Comfort and PE.
All in all, a very good flight, with nice legroom, good service with a smile.