#922548 by horburyflyer
08 Jun 2016, 20:27
So it was time to leave the New York area. Travelling from the Hilton JFK on the hotel shuttle took just a few mins until I was arriving at Terminal 4.

Check in was seamless and for once security was painless though it was now around noon so not too busy in T4.

The 'long' walk down to the Delta Sky Club took a few mins. They had just switched over from the breakfast buffet to the lunch buffet. The usual salads, dressings, bread and veggies. The hot dishes included a creamy pasta and Breast of chicken in a tomato sauce.

The usual cookies, fruit and snacks were available. Just time for a quick visit to the Sky deck with a refreshing G&T. It was a gorgeously sunny day and it was good to spend sometime watching the aircraft across JFK.

image.jpg
image.jpg (330.93 KiB) Viewed 2965 times

It was soon time to board at B26 which was pretty close to the Skyclub. Boarding was well organised for a jam-packed 757. I was seated with a pre-departure G&T quickly and thought the CC would be engaging. I was wrong.

They had just started their shift so you would think they would be at their best....take off came at 1410 and a flight time of 1hr54mins was promised.

Hot towels were soon offered followed by drinks and an offer from the snack basket. This included a selection of items from the Brooklyn Bakery. My regular favourite 'brownie brittle' was missing....taking a break by all accounts! I enjoyed some hummus and crackers and a G&T

image.jpg
image.jpg (321.96 KiB) Viewed 2965 times

No refills. The crew spent most of the time in the galley and didn't seem too bothered. Seat-back IFE was available and VS and DL clearly use the same provider as some of the content was identical. Headphones wee offered for those who didn't have any to enjoy the entertainment.

It was bumpy into Atlanta so service was ceased and the CC took their seats naturally. We touched down at 1605 and reached A15 quickly. We were quickly off and I made way across to the F concourse which took only a few mins thanks to the planetrain.

Seamless and painless with a less than engaging CC which from my recent flights with DL was rather unusual.

Thanks

Jon
#922560 by buns
09 Jun 2016, 06:16
Jon

Thanks for the TR.

I too would say that your experience was unusual for DL CC to not be so engaging :-(

That said, I do like the 757 as boarding is through L2, so no "nicking" the overhead bins :-P

Buns

PS
Bet you cannot wait for the direct MAN flights to start up :-D
#922666 by horburyflyer
11 Jun 2016, 20:50
buns wrote:Jon

Thanks for the TR.

I too would say that your experience was unusual for DL CC to not be so engaging :-(

That said, I do like the 757 as boarding is through L2, so no "nicking" the overhead bins :-P

Buns

PS
Bet you cannot wait for the direct MAN flights to start up :-D

Thanks Buns - unusual for sure. I've experienced mostly great DL crews. I'm counting down the days for the direct VS MAN-JFK but I've grown quite fond of DL too. I can't believe it's 20 years this year since VS started Manchester operations ;-)

Jon