#448271 by sky0000547
11 Jul 2008, 17:26
I managed to pick one up eventually. Went to the O2 store at 8.50 this morning and already 10 people in the queue and some inside the store. The queue dwindled and with 5 people in front of me when a shop assistant said there are 5 phones left. Being the 6th person I missed out but went across to Carphonewarehouse and they had 2 left. In the end managed to pick one up.
#448273 by locutus
11 Jul 2008, 18:24
Anyone know when iTunes will have v2.0 of the software for the touch? [:?]
#448274 by fozzyo
11 Jul 2008, 18:35
I'm getting an iPhone because today, oh the irony, my Sony Ericsson has developed a WSoD (White Screen of Death). Checked the net and its pretty much a brick now, I can flash it but there is a problem with the EROM. Going to send it off anyway since I'm 'in contract' with O2 until October unless they let me upg early. Fortunately I didn't flog my old phone on eBay (which i normally do).

Mat
#448276 by mitchja
11 Jul 2008, 21:00
Well still trying to activate my iPhone here, apparently the Apple activation servers are down at the moment [:(]

All sorted now and just in the process of syncing all my music [y]

Regards
#448283 by buns
11 Jul 2008, 23:10
Originally posted by mitchja
Well still trying to activate my iPhone here, apparently the Apple activation servers are down at the moment [:(]

All sorted now and just in the process of syncing all my music [y]

Regards

Well done James[y]
Given all the negative hype about short supply, it does seem like V-Flyers have done quite well in securing these precious items.

All the best

buns
#448285 by mitchja
11 Jul 2008, 23:14
Very impressed so far [y] [y] Just waiting to get my old number ported now.

Regards
#448294 by DavidM
12 Jul 2008, 10:30
DHL finally delivered mine at around 7pm and, on first impressions (and as pretty much of an Apple virgin), I'm as impressed as James. All the applications I've played with so far ooze style and functionality and, with 3G, speed just isn't an issue. I thought I'd confuse the maps function by telling the iPhone to go to my current location when I hadn't taken it outside the house since switching it on. After thinking for no more than 30 seconds or so it had me within 10 yards of where I was sitting, presumably by triangulation on transmitters - very impressive! A combination of Safari functionality and 3G makes the web more useable than any mobile device I've seen before, and I've tried most.

Unless there are bugs and problems I haven't seen yet I think Apple are on to a winner with this one.

Best wishes

David
#448309 by mitchja
12 Jul 2008, 19:07
Originally posted by locutus
Anyone know when iTunes will have v2.0 of the software for the touch? [:?]

It's now available via the iTunes store for £5.99 (dont forget to use Quidco for the 8% cashback; along with their currect special offer of 1 free iTunes track when spending over £5.00 available until the end of July)

Regards
Virgin Atlantic