#255439 by Slipperman
06 Aug 2008, 17:17
OK, I know we are in an age of technology but....

Just packing for our hols tomorrow and I find I am packing 7 (seven) chargers.[n]

3 for cameras (My SLR, Wife's Snappy, Wife's mini camcoder (don't ask)
1 for camcorder (official holiday recording device)
2 for mobile phones
1 for Nintendo DS (Child distraction device)

Hang on, Thats 8!

(edit. Naff counting! it's 7)

Oh! for that all in one device!

Don't get me started on what's in the toiletry bag. [:?]

Thread moved to Travel Technology..... Nick
#449984 by DarkAuror
06 Aug 2008, 17:24
If you had a bit more time before you left, you could have got a Powermonkey!

One charger, several connection adapters. Cameras, Mobiles, DS's, Camcorders and has universal mains adapters for all countries.

Makes my rucksack some much lighter!
#449985 by maz
06 Aug 2008, 17:26
Packing has sure changed!! Some of the chargers can take up quite a bit of space too.

I almost need a small suitcase for my toiletries!!! I know I can buy them there, but I don't like shopping straight away, and can't always get the brands that suit my now ageing face, hair and body!!![:I]
#450002 by Scrooge
06 Aug 2008, 20:43
Glad to see it is amateur here on V-Flyer[:p] ....gentlemen please take notes...

3 cameras
1 camcorder
1 battery charger for the rechargeable AA's
1 portable DVD player + spare battery for said DVD player
Set of portable IPod speakers
Universal adapter
12V to 120V adapter
2 cell phones
1 set of QC 2's
A box containing the movies for the DVD player

and a couple of books...

Not forgetting the laptop

Coming back from the UK there were times when these were all placed inside a standard carry on bag...that weighed way to much...but made the security guys happy...stupid rule [:D]
#450004 by locutus
06 Aug 2008, 21:45
I have that problem. Where possible I use a USB chargers, for my ipod, phone etc and take a universal travel adapter with a USB port, useful for plugging my laptop into, or charging most devices, including my QC3s, with no need to bring the UK plug as the US one fits into the adaptor, so it takes less space.
#450018 by northernhenry
06 Aug 2008, 22:49
Tend to agree, with Locutus. A laptop for watching DVD's or burnt movies, uploading full memory cards etc, and pulling faces at those back home via skype.. [:P] Usb connections for cameras/ipod etc.
Camera batteries are a pain, though with different fittings for the batteries, shame a universal charger for ' camera batteries' couldn't be designed..
Usually end up with every available wall socket in hotel rooms with cables trailing to battery chargers

Next trip, a pinhole camera, wind up radio with virgin freebie headphones.
and a pack of playing cards for the three year old (snap at least..)
Camcorders- we have one, but who watches them, after the first play back..[?]
Virgin Atlantic