#452251 by moid
30 Aug 2008, 23:00
Is the file secured?
#452253 by Tinkerbelle
30 Aug 2008, 23:02
Screen capture then a bit of image cropping????
#452254 by moid
30 Aug 2008, 23:03
If the file is secured you wont be able to get the picture.

If not if you right click on the picture you should get 'save as' and 'copy image' options.
#452274 by Howard Long
31 Aug 2008, 03:36
Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
Screen capture then a bit of image cropping????

That would certainly be my favourite. Keep it simple.

I had a case where a work colleague wanted to keep some inappropriate emails sent to her from one of the bosses that he'd sent with no forward, no print. So the print screens worked just fine when it came to the crunch. D'oh.

I was at an IT department of a very well known high street bank a few weeks ago fixing a problem with some software but I wasn't allowed to take anything off the PC due to a severe lockdown. They're not alone, it's like working with both hands tied behind your back in these oragnisations, and no-one really has any reason at all to want to help: it's a wonder you can even put you card into an ATM and anything ever comes out. So I got my camera out and took various real screen shots and emailed them to my colleague from my lappy. Raised a smile even from the most hardy of 'security' geeks there. D'oh.

H
#452278 by Scrooge
31 Aug 2008, 07:14
Sorry, I should of been a little clearer, but the bed was calling my name.

What I am trying to do is extract a picture from a PDF file, photoshop the picture, then put it back into the PDF...as I have little knowledge of working with PDF's I am open to any and all ideas [?]
#452280 by Bill S
31 Aug 2008, 07:46
Someone with more experience than I may come up with a better solution, but:
Photoshop can load images directly from .pdf file - just specify the page.
If there is a problem, you could screenshot but this may lose data/definition.

Primopdf is a free .pdf file creator.
It converts any other printable file (including pdf segments) into .pdf
#452301 by Bazz
31 Aug 2008, 12:37
I'm running Acrobat 8 (full version) so if you want to email me the PDF and tell me which image you want I will have a crack at it for you.
#452316 by slinky09
31 Aug 2008, 15:06
Originally posted by Scrooge
Sorry, I should of been a little clearer, but the bed was calling my name.

What I am trying to do is extract a picture from a PDF file, photoshop the picture, then put it back into the PDF...as I have little knowledge of working with PDF's I am open to any and all ideas [?]

Three options that I know:

- use the full version of Acrobat (or take up Bazz's offer)
- open it in InDesign and edit it
- similar in Illustrator or Photoshop
Virgin Atlantic