#256192 by vizbiz
19 Sep 2008, 16:43
...I thought someone might be able to help!

I've got a lost of contact names with company names for individuals attending an exhibition, but the list helpfully doesn't contain the email addresses as it was supposed to.

Does anyone know how I can EASILY get the email address formats for large corporate organisations (I only need the format as I've already got the names) without blindly trying the usual .com .co.uk or .org .net etc etc - plus I need to know whether the format is firstname.lastname@ or firstinitial.lastname etc etc. We're talking here about Fortune 500 and similar organisations.

The problem I have, is that if it was just a handful of companies then I could try and sort this with some unsophisticated googling of the individual companies, but we're talking about hundreds of companies here, and companies these days are careful to use contact forms rather than email-to addresses, and I don't want to add to the billions of pointless spam emails just to try and get a small number of company email formats.

Grateful for ANY help at all!!!
#454782 by DarkAuror
22 Sep 2008, 10:40
Hmm, possibly one of the reasons that you're not getting any responses, is because of the potential issues.

What you're asking for is what every spammer would love to have, as all they do is to try different combinations of common names in different formats for common company/isp names.

I not saying you're a spammer and you do have a valid reason for asking for the help but if it was easy to get the email format of the companies, then everyone will be swamped with emails.

I think the safer option would be, if you have the delegates tel no.s, to call them to send you an email to confirm they're coming and you will send them details back.