#460851 by mitchja
28 Nov 2008, 06:51
Not got one but don't like the idea of not having WiFi on a smartphone.

Regards
#460853 by Scrooge
28 Nov 2008, 08:00
from playing with one briefly, the screen is strange, it almost feels as if the phone is broken, it would take some getting used to. Other than that, it is a nice phone, but lacking a few things, wifi being the glaring one.
#460858 by Kraken
28 Nov 2008, 08:57
Slightly OT, but I have got the Blackberry bold & am very pleased with it. I was going to get the Storm instead of the Bold, until I saw that BB had omitted to include WiFi on it.
#460870 by mcmbenjamin
28 Nov 2008, 12:36
quote:Originally posted by Scrooge
but lacking a few things, wifi being the glaring one.

Yea, I hear ya. BUT At&T is not the greatest where I live. What else would you want?

Kraken: What do you like the Bold, besides WiFi? My main issue with the Bold is I can't get it on my mobile network (Verizon, CDMA only).
#461696 by Darren Wheeler
08 Dec 2008, 00:25
So far, the Storm has had some pretty lousy reviews. It doesn't help that there will be 3 versions.

Prosumer - out now
Business
Enterprise

Each will have it's own setup. It does appear that Prosumers are really debug-sumers.
#461699 by David
08 Dec 2008, 09:10
Friend got one the launch day - touchless screen [y] - only 4 buttons on the front [y] - 2 hours later, only two buttons on the front [:0]

[:D][:D]

David
#461774 by Darren Wheeler
08 Dec 2008, 18:18
For anyone in the UK who has one, RIM have issued an update for the Vodafone units.

quote:A number of fixes and improvements around other key areas are also delivered in this software upgrade including:

á Microphone - Previously, we've had reports that when on a voice call, the other party may not be able to hear the Storm user properly. This software upgrade has resolved this.

á Display - A number of improvements have been made to the display including a smoother and quicker transition between landscape and portrait modes.

á Media Ð Improvements here include better handling of different media file formats and improved stability when using the media player.

á Video Ð Streaming is much better, corrections are in place to improve handling of MMS messages and switching between applications when video streaming, and the fast forward and rewind functionality of media files is also improved.

Where to get the new software

1. Customers will be able to download the software using the BlackBerry website.

2. *deleted by me*

3. Looking at delivering an Over The Air (OTA) solution. This will allow the phone to be upgraded without needing to plug it into a PC.

Checking software versions

To check which version of software a customer has:

1. Tap the BlackBerry key

2. Tap 'Options' (a spanner icon)

3. Tap 'About'

4. The software version is displayed:

á The original launch software version number is 4.7.0.65

á This new fix has version number 4.7.0.78
Virgin Atlantic