#258468 by Scrooge
19 Mar 2009, 18:41
Yep, the next update is on the way and Apple being Apple they have come up with something new, I am amazed that nobody thought of this before.
With your Iphone (3G only) you will soon be able to send pictures via text messages [:0] why had nobody thought of this great idea before [?]

Of course there is a slew of other things coming, take a look HERE for lots more details.
#710518 by mitchja
19 Mar 2009, 19:00
Looks fantastic, but I dont think we will be seeing it until June/July though (which is also when the rumoured new iPhone is due out as well).

MMS (though probably wont have video on the current 3G handset), text forwarding and proper Bluetooth at last [y] [^]

Someone has already (inadvertently) managed to enable the hidden data tethering option in version 3 of the software as well (meaning you can link the iPhone upto a lap-top via USB or Bluetooth and use the iPhone as a mobile broadband dongle). I can see that also coming as an option but think it will cost extra.

The copy/paste procedure looks a tad complicated though [:?]

Read on the O2 forum that developers who are already using version 3 of the software are unable to get MMS to work as O2 are unable to provision MMS on iPhone accounts at the moment.

I just wish O2 would improve their 3G coverage in the UK. Still dont even have Edge here never mind 3G.

Regards
#710812 by David Glickman
23 Mar 2009, 22:26
It does look good though I am a little disappointed to read that 3.0 wont include ability to keep an application open when you switch between apps. Ability to keep an application like Truephone open so that I can easily receive and make wireless calls when abroad regardless of what else I may be doing on the iphone is a must for me