#258848 by Bazz
20 Apr 2009, 14:03
I have my main iTunes library on my laptop and sync mine and Birkin's iPods to this, however I also have my iTunes library on a PC at work for background music and on one other PC just as back up in case of disaster. All three PCs are authorised on one account.

My question is, can any of my fellow v-flyers recommend a good piece of free software that would enable me to synchronise my library and play lists across these three PCs? I should add one is running Vista Ultimate, one XP-Pro and one W2K SP4.

Thanks.
#712943 by Scrooge
20 Apr 2009, 16:36
quote:Originally posted by PeterStansfield
VISTA Ultimate? - Is that an Operating system or a threat?

Not again [:(!]
#712945 by mitchja
20 Apr 2009, 16:44
I have iTunes on my home PC and on my MacBook. All I do is, using the built-in back-up facility in iTunes, is back-up one iTunes library (my home PC is the main one) to DVD then restore the other iTunes skipping any duplicate tracks already on my MacBook.

Regards
#712950 by Bazz
20 Apr 2009, 17:27
quote:Originally posted by PeterStansfield
VISTA Ultimate? - Is that an Operating system or a threat?

Nah, that's Vista Ultimatum! [:w]
#712954 by Bazz
20 Apr 2009, 17:39
quote:Originally posted by mitchja
I have iTunes on my home PC and on my MacBook. All I do is, using the built-in back-up facility in iTunes, is back-up one iTunes library (my home PC is the main one) to DVD then restore the other iTunes skipping any duplicate tracks already on my MacBook.

Regards

Just checked again, last time it was six DVD's now it requires eight, not really an option as I want to sync frequently, preferably across my network.

I know I can buy software to do this but thought those canny v-flyers would have found a freebie by now? [;)]
#712956 by mitchja
20 Apr 2009, 17:48
You can just copy your entire iTunes folder (which on a PC, is in your music folder) over your network. I've done that before now and it worked OK.

Regards
Virgin Atlantic