#722172 by Nottingham Nick
04 Aug 2009, 12:22
I have a pair of these for my iPod, and I think they are wonderful.

Very comfortable and excellent sound quality. I didn't realise HOW good they were until I swapped back to the generic iPod ear buds. [:I][8D]

Nick
#722178 by Neil
04 Aug 2009, 12:59
We have a pair of the Sennheiser CX500, which are very good, well priced also. Not bose quality but if you are looking for something a bit cheaper.
#722196 by DragonLady
04 Aug 2009, 15:55
I've got both the Bose in ears and the Senheiser CX500 (my QC2s are just too bid for my handbag).Even using the smallest Bose tips I find the Senheisers more comfortable (although the sound quality is better from the Bose pair).
DL
#722201 by Tinkerbelle
04 Aug 2009, 16:03
I'm going to go to the opposite end of the price scale and recommend these. They are extremely comfortable to wear and block out most background sound so are perfect for travelling.

[:X]
#722226 by daywalker
04 Aug 2009, 21:29
I think you need to consider when you use this type of earphone before making a purchase or, in other words, don;t make the same mistake as me!

I have Bose triports and I don't think they are brilliant but I do wear them whilst excercising so find they drop out of my ears alot. When you get a bit sweaty they slowly ease their way out and you obviously lose the sound quality too. The same can be said doing any vigorous excercise (versaclimbing etc), before you even get a sweat on they are easing their way out of your ears. I use the smallest bud and still can't get a comfortable snug fit (The other sizes are defintiely too big for me and I'm not exactly a small bloke at 5ft 11in and 12st 3). Also they are next to useless in noisy environments (like gyms sometimes, trains etc) as they do not block out enough outside sound due to their design. I'd never buy them again. I'd love to use my QC3 but they are not suitable for such use either.

I've had Sennheiser CX500 and I prefered them for what I use them for (using whilst excercising) with the added bonus of them blocking out more outside sounds due to the true ear bud design.

I've never used the generic ipod earphones, you can just see they are going to be useless due to the design.
#724160 by slinky09
31 Aug 2009, 12:05
I am toying between the Etymotic ER4 or the Shure SE420 to replace my third failing pair of Boses (now I know why Bose has good customer service, their products always go wrong with me ...).

David - did you go ahead with the Shure SE530, I could be tempted by those and be interested in your views?
#724161 by David
31 Aug 2009, 12:23
quote:Originally posted by slinky09
I am toying between the Etymotic ER4 or the Shure SE420 to replace my third failing pair of Boses (now I know why Bose has good customer service, their products always go wrong with me ...).

David - did you go ahead with the Shure SE530, I could be tempted by those and be interested in your views?

[:I] actually bought both, well that's to say bought the bose first and didn't like them (even after trying all the different size buds, still couldn't get comfy with them), so ended up buying the SE530's - [y][y][y] - just fantastic

David
#726346 by daywalker
25 Sep 2009, 19:35
Right, due to a number of glowing reviews I've ordered myself a pair of SE530PTH, cdiscount doing them for 199.99 plus delivery (3.99-7.99) which seems relatively cheap to me and it looks like I took their last pair (for now anyway).

I hope they're good as I wasn't overly impressed with the EC2's I had a few years ago but I've had enough of the Bose Triports dropping out of my ears.

Initially I ordered some ear moulds from audiorelief to go on the Bose but they were seriously messing me around with the moulding appointment so I had to give up and and cancel for a full refund after two weeks of waiting for an appointment, something they initially said would take about a day to arrange (after my docs had given my ears the all clear as being free from infection and wax build up) and I would be seen to within 3/4 days. I guess that's probably the case for Londoners or something but as my only real options were Leeds or York it seemed to cause them a problem.
#726359 by Tinkerbelle
26 Sep 2009, 02:43
quote:Originally posted by daywalker
cdiscount doing them for 199.99 plus delivery (3.99-7.99) which seems relatively cheap to me and it looks like I took their last pair (for now anyway).

[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]
#726371 by daywalker
26 Sep 2009, 13:21
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
quote:Originally posted by daywalker
cdiscount doing them for 199.99 plus delivery (3.99-7.99) which seems relatively cheap to me and it looks like I took their last pair (for now anyway).

[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

It's OK, They've just been delivered to me, I think 75% of the price is taken up by the fancy packaging [:(]

Edit to add early impressions are not bad at all, fantastic mid & high range quality, slightly lacking in bass but still far better than the EC2 I've tried in the past. I'll try a few different earpieces but feel I've got a snug fit already. Once I've messed around I think I'll be joining in with the glowing reviews [:D]
Virgin Atlantic