#260455 by northernhenry
01 Sep 2009, 10:30
Looking into a place to upload some photo's and brief descriptions to allow various family members access our travels across Oz.
Needs to be straight forward, preferably with option of password access for those we want.
Travelling with Iphone 3Gs/ Laptop Vista
Facebook was one idea- but too much hassle explaining to the Olds on how it all works.
Anyone recommend tried & trusted sites.
Mainly snapshots with brief descriptions, not writing war-n-peace blogs...

Thanks

NH
#724221 by Scrooge
01 Sep 2009, 12:08
Talk to Dr V, he has one of the best (though least updated [:(!][:#][V][n]) travel blogs out there and it looks like it was pretty easy to set up.
#724230 by mdvipond
01 Sep 2009, 13:52
You're too kind, Uncle Scrooge, although you're also quite right about the appalling lack of updates. House move nearly complete, so should get a chance to get back to it soon.

Blogspot is probably your best bet, NH. The main reason I started my blog (see link below) was for our Oz trip back in '07. It's simple to set up and very easy for folk to access - especially for those who aren't too internet savvy. You can upload photos directly, or put links in to Flickr (or similar).

Bright fella like you should have a basic blog up and running in less than an hour I reckon. I look forward to perusing it...
#724247 by HighFlyer
01 Sep 2009, 19:46
Facebook does allow you to publish an album to people who are not on Facebook. It will generate a URL and you can choose to share it with family and friends if they are not too aufait with signing up for social networking sites. With that in mind, and the ability to upload directly from an iPhone, it might be an easy option to consider as it doesnt really involve much setting up. Blogs are great if you want to talk in some detail about the trip, if you just want to talk around certain pictures then Facebook might work quite well?

Thanks,
Sarah
#724259 by northernhenry
01 Sep 2009, 22:09
quote:Originally posted by HighFlyer
Facebook does allow you to publish an album to people who are not on Facebook. It will generate a URL and you can choose to share it with family and friends if they are not too aufait with signing up for social networking sites. With that in mind, and the ability to upload directly from an iPhone, it might be an easy option to consider as it doesnt really involve much setting up. Blogs are great if you want to talk in some detail about the trip, if you just want to talk around certain pictures then Facebook might work quite well?

Thanks,
Sarah

Thanks Sarah,
Hmm. being looking at this, may end up doing this option initially (as a good follow up to skype calls) and blog up the trip if I get the time/ inclination [:p] Many of photo's will be full SLR/decent compact for use on return; so mainly occasional snapshots of key happenings...
mini nh using the UC corridors as a running track/ Hotel amenity kits for GJ (a new venture)/ virgin blue legroom & inflight meals [:0] Inappropriate things to do in VS sleepsuits...[}:)] etc etc

[y]

NH
Virgin Atlantic