#260625 by Scrooge
15 Sep 2009, 11:55
Does anyone know of a piece of software that can recover deleted photos from an IPhone, a friend managed to delete the folder containing his vacation pictures !

The phone has had no data added to it since this stupid mistake.
#725249 by Tinkerbelle
15 Sep 2009, 11:58
quote:Originally posted by Scrooge
Does anyone know of a piece of software that can recover deleted photos from an IPhone, a friend managed to delete the folder containing his vacation pictures !

The phone has had no data added to it since this stupid mistake.

How did they delete the folder? Did they drop the phone and smash the screen? [}:)]
#725260 by Scrooge
15 Sep 2009, 12:20
Nope, not me this time, my photos are safe and sound.
#725269 by preiffer
15 Sep 2009, 13:05
You sure your 'friend' wasn't worried there might be a dodgy photo or two within their collection and therefore needed to ensure nobody would ever find them...?

Juuuuuuust a thought. [:w]
#725270 by PeterStansfield
15 Sep 2009, 13:24
The good thing about iPhones is that every time you charge them on your computer they 'back up' their data to the computer.

So as long as the phone has been charged since the photos have been taken then you can restore the phone from the computer....
#725293 by Scrooge
15 Sep 2009, 19:16
No Paul they are not like us, they don't take dodgy photos, they are just tech dead people.
The phone was being charged from a car charger as they are on a road trip, no backing up done.
#725294 by mitchja
15 Sep 2009, 19:36
I'm not 100% sure what you mean sorry, have the photos been deleted from the iPhone or the PC/Mac?

Where the photos taken using the iPhone? If so, an iPhone restore should restore everything from when it was last backed up (including photos taken)

If they where photos synced from the PC/Mac, the iPhone just syncs with photo folders so they should still be on the PC/Mac anyway?

If the photos taken using the iPhone are still on your iPhone but not on your PC/Mac, then just plug the iPhone in and on a PC open the iPhone from Windows Explorer or from a Mac open iPhoto, as you can access all the photos taken using the iPhone. Just drag and drop them from the iPhone to the PC or Mac.

Regards
#725312 by Scrooge
15 Sep 2009, 21:31
Photos were taken on the iphone, somehow they were deleted, the phone has not been backed up.

I tried with my normal recovery programs, but they are not even seeing the phone.

As it is my friends are heading out of town in a couple of hours, so I am not going to worry about it.
Virgin Atlantic