#731759 by mitchja
11 Dec 2009, 16:28
McCoy

I spoke to upgrades, although it took a few days as several of O2's systems (namely upgrades/retentions) have been down since Sunday.

O2 are offering this special Simplicity tariff to any iPhone contract users coming to the end of their contracts.

It's not available to new customers, existing iPhone PAYG users or non-iPhone O2 contract tariff users.

It's similar to the standard 30 day Simplicity SIM-only tariff that is advertised on the O2 web site (you can either go for the 20 or 30 one) but it's specifically for iPhones as it includes the same free unlimited data and free WiFi (The Cloud or BT Openzone) as well as visual voicemail and call merge.

On the ordinary Simplicity tariffs, if you use this tariff with iPhones, you don't get visual voicemail or call merge. There is also fair usage policy on the Simplicity unlimited data plan, where as on iPhone tariffs, unlimited really does mean unlimited. You also only get either free data or free WiFi on the ordinary Simplicity tariffs not both.

Ask for the 'Simplicity for iPhone' deal if you call upgrades. Only upgrades or retentions will be able to discuss this deal with you.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this deal might also be available using the online upgrade section of the O2 website.

Regards
#731765 by McCoy
11 Dec 2009, 19:17
Thanks James... my 3g 18 month contract will be up in a few weeks time, and this sounds like a good next option.. cheers.