#261496 by AlanA
03 Dec 2009, 01:41
On the flight out, my Bose QC2's suffered a disasterous failure, the arm snapped just above the headfone ear piece.
Juts been into the Bose shop at Premium Outlet mall Florida. My broken QC2's are 5-6 years old.
Bose shop offered a replacement pair of QC15's for 50% of their price, as a trade in $150 dollars instead of $300
Result!
Very pleased
Now virgin, THAT's customer service!
#731221 by DarkAuror
03 Dec 2009, 10:19
Wow, that is a result!!![y][:0][y]
#731226 by mcmbenjamin
03 Dec 2009, 12:13
Yep. Bose has alway had great service. I have the Bose X Aviation headset (for pilots). After the warranty was up, they replaced it with NO hassle at all. groovy.
#731351 by AlanA
05 Dec 2009, 16:15
Just checked my credit card, 97. sweet!
#731363 by miopyk
05 Dec 2009, 23:49
Another one with excellent service experience from Bose. Bought my son a set of in ear headphones in LA last year and the jack broke in March. Sent them back to Bose UK and got a new pair by return. No cost, no arguments.

The second pair packed up in October, the left bud stopped working. Took them into the Bose shop in Portsmouth and they replaced them on the spot, couldn't have been more helpful. I was so impressed we spent another 500 in the shop.

I love doing business with companies that take customer service seriously. There may be better headphones out there but Bose gets my money every time.

Miopyk[8D]
#731364 by mitchja
05 Dec 2009, 23:55
The complete opposite to the service I've had from Bose.

Even after a letter to the UK regional manager, they would not replace my broken QC2's at all. All they kept telling me was you have to buy a new pair at the full retail price because I didn't have the original receipt. They wouldn't even look it as I'd bought them directly from Bose several years ago.

Will never buy another Bose product again here.

Regards
#731374 by mike-smashing
06 Dec 2009, 13:12
quote:Originally posted by mitchja
The complete opposite to the service I've had from Bose.

Even after a letter to the UK regional manager, they would not replace my broken QC2's at all. All they kept telling me was you have to buy a new pair at the full retail price because I didn't have the original receipt. They wouldn't even look it as I'd bought them directly from Bose several years ago.

My experience of Bose UK is similar to yours.

Usual QC2 failure of a shear in the plastic around the hinge, and Bose UK refused to accept them for repair or replacement.

I don't care much for how Bose UK's customer service ethic seems to be completely different from that of the US parent. No way for a global brand to behave.

Like you, I've not purhcased any Bose products since. I tend to stick to Sennheiser for headsets these days.

Mike
#731376 by mitchja
06 Dec 2009, 14:10
Mike

That's exactly the same place where mine failed (currently stuck together using black insulation tape!!)

They wouldn't even look into getting the new part (small piece of plastic) for me.

Regards
#731378 by JAT74L
06 Dec 2009, 14:39
Mine failed in the same place - they were out of warranty, I didn't have the receipt and they replaced them FOC.

???

John
#731379 by slinky09
06 Dec 2009, 15:30
quote:Originally posted by miopyk
Another one with excellent service experience from Bose. Bought my son a set of in ear headphones in LA last year and the jack broke in March. Sent them back to Bose UK and got a new pair by return. No cost, no arguments.

The second pair packed up in October, the left bud stopped working. Took them into the Bose shop in Portsmouth and they replaced them on the spot, couldn't have been more helpful. I was so impressed we spent another 500 in the shop.

I love doing business with companies that take customer service seriously. There may be better headphones out there but Bose gets my money every time.

Miopyk[8D]

Interesting comments, yet you had two pairs of expensive ear phones and both failed within one year. Terrible product + good customer service = ???.

I am on my fourth pair of QC3s after the three previous failed (internal connections, no sound). I've paid for two of them so that's >500 worth of Bose earphones. In the last rotation, it has taken from August until last week to get Bose to replace them after being fobbed with swaps to external cables, post strikes and just inadequate inefficiency.

I now believe Bose customer service is no longer as good as it was and question why earphones at the upper end of the market, costing several hundred pounds, go wrong to readily [?].
#731392 by miopyk
06 Dec 2009, 18:46
quote:Originally posted by slinky09

Interesting comments, yet you had two pairs of expensive ear phones and both failed within one year. Terrible product + good customer service = ???.

I am on my fourth pair of QC3s after the three previous failed (internal connections, no sound). I've paid for two of them so that's >500 worth of Bose earphones. In the last rotation, it has taken from August until last week to get Bose to replace them after being fobbed with swaps to external cables, post strikes and just inadequate inefficiency.

I now believe Bose customer service is no longer as good as it was and question why earphones at the upper end of the market, costing several hundred pounds, go wrong to readily [?].

Terrible product! Actually in our household we have 4 pairs of in ear, 2 pairs of over ear and an ipod dock all made by Bose and the additional items we bought in Portsmouth were gifts for Xmas which I wouldn't have bought if I had any doubts in quality. Our experience of their products has been very positive. With regard to the failures we have had, lets just say my son is not the most careful person on the planet.

Perhaps what we're highlighting here are inconsistencies in service and perhaps quality. Just because things are expensive doesn't mean they can't go wrong, look at some of the TRs in UC. It's what happens after things go wrong that counts and for me the service I received from Bose was in line with my expectations for an 'expensive' product. It sounds in your case the experience was less acceptable.

Miopyk[8D]
Virgin Atlantic