#262136 by Pete
29 Jan 2010, 19:05
Anyone else used tripit.com? It was mentioned on a Virgin America booking I made, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

You simply forward your flight confirmation to [email protected], and then it automatically builds an itinerary for you, allowing you to plan each day's activities to whatever granular level you like.

What seems pretty clever though, is I started by forwarding my VX one-way confirmation from LAX to IAD. I then forwarded my VS conf from LHR-SFO and IAD-LHR, and it automatically worked out it was all part of the same trip, recording all those useful details like flight confirmation numbers, seats, etc, and it has an iPhone app to sync it all to.

From a few minutes playing with it, it seems very intuitive, flexible and - most importantly - actually quite useful.

P.
#735788 by easygoingeezer
30 Jan 2010, 02:15
We love the tripit stuff for iphone and also the flight pro, very useful
we found one of our internal flights was cancelled and several other changes for departure times and one gate change on one of these iphone apps before the info was showing on airport screens.
#735792 by slinky09
30 Jan 2010, 07:44
Been using it for ages, good to integrate into LinkedIn too if you use that!
#735803 by Decker
30 Jan 2010, 12:24
Yeah use the Pro version and have found it invaluable. I've added my Relationship Manager at Amex to my trusted circle so she can easily see where I am at any time so if account queries come up etc she knows what time zone to get me on. As EGG says the flight alerts are particularly useful.
#735811 by Scrooge
30 Jan 2010, 13:30
The only thing with it is, you have to be a little bit careful when you first set it up, I have had a number of friends not pay attention when they first start using it it, for the following few days I get ALL their travel plans.
#735812 by MarkedMan
30 Jan 2010, 13:32
Yep, good idea to start out by not importing all your friends from your email accounts, and not making your trips public [:)] - just hit the 'I'll do it later' button ......
#735813 by mitchja
30 Jan 2010, 13:39
quote:Originally posted by MarkedMan
just hit the 'I'll do it later' button ......

That's what I did.

Been using TripCase here for a while now, which is similar, although you do have to build your own itineraries, although it does auto-fill in a lot of info once you find/enter your flight or hotel.

Also TripCase has push enabled so you get push messages as soon as any changes take place. It even pushed a message to me this morning when BMI changed their gate number at MAN.

Regards
Virgin Atlantic