#262183 by thompst
03 Feb 2010, 11:04
Has anyone else got experience of using one of these?
I just bought the Slingbox Solo and set it up relativley easily.

I have not tested it thoroughly, although I can connect from work on WiFi on my PC.
I am not able to get the 30 trial on my BB Bold to connect and have not paid the 18 for the iPhone app yet until I see what the BB is like.
#736095 by Scrooge
03 Feb 2010, 19:51
The FIL has one, if your on the road a lot it is a great piece of kit, easy to use and works as advertised.
#736099 by papadoc
03 Feb 2010, 20:30
A mate of mine has had one for the last few years.

He's teaching out in Equador and has set it up in his Dads house over here so he can keep up with all the football/rugby games.

He sings it's praises everytime I hear from him.
#736611 by thompst
11 Feb 2010, 10:04
Well my first 'live test' worked.
Went skiing in Switzerland last weekend and was able to watch the rugby on either my iPhone or laptop connected via wireless in the hotel.
Will be even better when they get the slingplayer on the iPhone to work on 3G too. (Apart from the roaming charges of course!)
#736613 by mitchja
11 Feb 2010, 10:35
quote:Originally posted by thompst
Will be even better when they get the slingplayer on the iPhone to work on 3G too. (Apart from the roaming charges of course!)

Looks like it will work over 3G in the US on AT&T see here

If it's anything like the iPhone TVCatchup service which uses about 5Mb of data per minute, I'd forget it on 3G when roaming.

Regards
#736618 by Vegascrazy
11 Feb 2010, 11:26
We have one and use a lot from our villa in Rhodes. Having full control of your Sky box from anywhere in the world is fantastic, along with all Sky + features - especially if like us you forget to programme stuff for recording before you leave!
Virgin Atlantic