#262212 by VS075
06 Feb 2010, 18:08
I've recently acquired a new laptop and have now come across the old chestnut of transferring my music library to the iTunes on my new laptop. I've been able to install iTunes and authorise my account which has resulted in my new laptop recognising al the tunes I bought from iTunes. However, what it hasn't recognised is the music that I have burned from CDs and I'm worried about pressing the 'Sync' button in case it wipes everything apart from music bought from iTunes.

Is there any way I can get the iTunes on my new laptop to recognise the music on my iPod without wiping it and having to burn all the CDs to my new laptop again?

As an aside, I have an iPod Touch, and the instructions in the Support section of the Apple website doesn't cover the iPod Touch.
#736281 by slinky09
06 Feb 2010, 21:02
Here's a good guide that I've used before. You really should move your iTunes library from your old PC to your new one, then deauthorize the old laptop and authorize the new one, then sync your iPod.

Although I know there's more than one way ...
#736315 by VS075
07 Feb 2010, 17:19
Very good guide that is, think I know what I have to do now. Thanks very much, that's a big help! [y]