#736712 by slinky09
12 Feb 2010, 14:33
In answer to the question, painless weight loss [:p].
#737138 by Scrooge
18 Feb 2010, 10:53
quote:Originally posted by thompst
Easy to swallow?

100k unemployed comedians and somehow half of them end up on here [:p]

But serious people, a company is coming to you for advice, for a forum that is normally quick to dish out their thoughts when it comes to tech stuff the lack of replies is disappointing [:#]
#737145 by slinky09
18 Feb 2010, 14:18
Oh Mr Scrooge - well here's an idea:

- fantastic UI and operability, intuitive controls
- durability and power
- on the move like office - mail, calendar, WebEx, scheduling, conference calling, office document viewer
- multi media
- multi tasking
- projectability - i.e. presentations through a projector
- connect any USB device and export through USB to in flight systems / IFE
- lightness
- WAN connectivity to network drives
- newsprint, magazine and book viewer
- information manager on the move (link Web pages to newsprint to documents to information) to research and collect information

I'll think of some more.
#737147 by Guest
18 Feb 2010, 14:21
Maybe the lack of replies is an idication that many dont want a tablet, regardles of what it may offer; I am in that boat i.e. 100% no interest
#737173 by Scrooge
18 Feb 2010, 19:57
quote:Originally posted by slinky09
Oh Mr Scrooge - well here's an idea:

- fantastic UI and operability, intuitive controls
- durability and power
- on the move like office - mail, calendar, WebEx, scheduling, conference calling, office document viewer
- multi media
- multi tasking
- projectability - i.e. presentations through a projector
- connect any USB device and export through USB to in flight systems / IFE
- lightness
- WAN connectivity to network drives
- newsprint, magazine and book viewer
- information manager on the move (link Web pages to newsprint to documents to information) to research and collect information

I'll think of some more.

Thank you Steve

quote:Originally posted by hackneyguy
Maybe the lack of replies is an idication that many dont want a tablet, regardles of what it may offer; I am in that boat i.e. 100% no interest

That is possible, however the IPad thread would indicate otherwise and the people on here are normally quick to dispense computer knowledge, either way, not a big deal.
#737174 by Decker
18 Feb 2010, 20:54
I don't want a tablet either ;) tho' I can see the attraction of an Asus
#737240 by thompst
19 Feb 2010, 20:03
Apologies for my attempt at humour.....

For me it would be:
compact
fast
affordable
long battery life

Although like others, I am not currently in the market. My laptop and iPhone suffice either both at the same time or one on it's own dependent on the situation.

Tim
#737248 by Scrooge
19 Feb 2010, 21:40
Thanks guys for your replies.
#738933 by StuartPreston
11 Mar 2010, 15:57
This is probably a bit of a dead thread by now but what I would like in a tablet is an active-only screen. I.e. one that can only be operated by use of the pen. I know manufacturers are all about the multitouch these days but I find that to be accurate when drawing diagrams on my tablet I all-too-easily rest my palm on the screen when in a vertical orientation. Being able to switch to a mode where only the pen activated the cursor would be a big improvement in my view.

After that, battery life and a processor powerful enough to run a 720P DVD at full screen would get my vote.
#738960 by Scrooge
11 Mar 2010, 19:40
Thank you for your response.
Virgin Atlantic