#758550 by VS075
27 Oct 2010, 19:41
The flip side of the Orange/T-Mobile merger is that users on one network can use the other's network if the signal for their home network is dead or significantly weak, but yes there is less competition. The likes of Virgin Media and the supermarket networks ride on the back of the major provider's networks.

As for 3, I was on them for 18 months and moved to Orange last year when I got fed up of the generally patchy 3G signal and they justified my decision when I rang them up to cancel the contract them trying to blame it on my handset at the time - a handset THEY were offering on THEIR network.

Things may have changed since then I don't know. But so far, I'm happy with Orange so will stay put for the foreseeable future.
#758554 by CHill710
27 Oct 2010, 20:37
VS075 wrote:The flip side of the Orange/T-Mobile merger is that users on one network can use the other's network if the signal for their home network is dead or significantly weak...

I can receive signals from Orange (who my phone is with) and now T-Mobile but can still only get a mobile signal in specific locations in my flat and at work.

and it is not easy phoning someone from inside a staff room locker!!
#758583 by iforres1
28 Oct 2010, 08:09
Just bought a new i phone 4 during my jaunt to Dubai and I love it. No hassle with tie in's like you have in the UK. Simples

Iain