#746939 by willd
30 May 2010, 18:01
So it seems that many of us v-flyers now have ipads. One of my biggest issues with the iPhone has been the sheer number of apps and actually locating apps that are decent and make a difference in ones life.

With that in mind I felt it might be a good idea to see what apps other v-flyers are finding useful or not as the case may be.

For me the most impressive apps I have used have been the kayak app and the FT app. The FT app in particular seemed to encompass everything I hoped for a newspaper app.

So what have others found useful or not so useful?
#746940 by mitchja
30 May 2010, 18:33
I've got FryPaper (Stephen Fry's blob app), Pages, AccuWeather, Google, PhotoPad to name a few. Using Pages takes a bit of getting used to. It took me a while to work out how to transfer files via iTunes though!! It can import/export Word documents and also export as PDF too.

The iPad HD games are seriously impressive y) Have Let's Golf HD, Pinball HD and RealRacing HD so far.

Still waiting for the likes of Facebook and Skype etc to release specific iPad apps. OK you can use iPhone apps, but TBH, they don't look good only been iPhone resolution (and x2 most apps become distorted)

The BBC have now made the online iPlayer iPad compatible. TVCatchup works on the iPad too.