#748602 by Bazz
22 Jun 2010, 11:29
I'm liking this new OS. Camera zoom is helpful but no IS or anti-shake, video camera has tap to focus.

Folders are helpful in keeping things organised and the new multi tasking seems to work y)

I like the way the Calendar App will now synch's birthdays from Contacts but you have to create a new field if you haven't already got a birthday field in your contacts info.

Nice touch to have wallpaper behind Apps screens rather than just on the lock screen.

Calculator still doesn't support a percentage key! n(

Only problem I have had so far is that my Wimbledon App refuses to load, which is really handy at this time!
#748610 by Darren Wheeler
22 Jun 2010, 14:47
Bazz wrote:
Calculator still doesn't support a percentage key! n(

Yes it does. Open the calculator and turn phone on side. |:)

I see the usual reports of updates failing are being reported.
#748612 by mitchja
22 Jun 2010, 17:12
Tinkerbelle wrote:Can you still have a plain black background instead of a wallpaper?

Not be default but I suppose you can either take a pic using your iPhone in the dark or upload a black image via iTunes and then use that as your wallpaper.
#748615 by Bazz
22 Jun 2010, 18:13
If you just set the lock screen and not the home screen I presume this will keep the normal background, or do as James suggests if you have already set it.

@Darren, thanks, I have never used the calc in landscape mode!

Having done more extensive testing, very few third party Apps seem to be capable of supporting multi-tasking at this time, if my personal experience is anything to go by.
#748811 by Tinkerbelle
25 Jun 2010, 15:28
Am loving the folders for organising the apps - everything will now be much quicker and easier to find.

Not sure about multi-tasking yet as I don't think any apps that I have support it!
Virgin Atlantic