#765673 by David
30 Jan 2011, 19:04
Calling all Apple fans ...

Since the next trip to the sunshine state is only in Premium (at the moment ): ) I have decided that the time has come to spend some money and buy an iPad at the Apple store in Orlando ... or is it ?|

I hear rumours of an iPad2 on the horizon but I do understand that Apple seems to have an ongoing process of upgrades.

So do I wait or just get on with it. ?|

many thanks for your comments

David
#765675 by Miss G
30 Jan 2011, 19:12
If you could wait, it's supposed to be coming out roughly around April.

As for upgrades, you've got about 2 weeks between buying it and the new one coming out. But, it might not apply to the ipad.
#765677 by Jacki
30 Jan 2011, 19:28
There was some talk about the new Ipad coming out Feb 9th as that was the date on the calendar icon in the promotional picture. Apparently when it initially came out the date they used then turned out to be the launch date! I'm pinning my hopes on this so I get it in time for my birthday!
#765687 by slinky09
30 Jan 2011, 20:09
I had been reliably told March - so there's three dates in between February and April. If it were me, I would wait, the 2gen iPad will have some great improvements ...
#765689 by Luke085
30 Jan 2011, 20:24
Similar to the above, I would hold out.

A friend of mine works in a local apple store and they were originally told late Feb but more recently changed to late March/early April.

I'm waiting too :)

Luke
#765706 by mitchja
30 Jan 2011, 21:56
Also, if it's anything like last time, the US got the iPad several weeks before the UK. Not sure if this will happen again this year ?|

If I where to get an iPad2 (ok, when I get the iPad2), I'm going for the 3G version this time as location services (Google maps etc) in the WiFI version basically doesn't work at all.
#765709 by MrT
30 Jan 2011, 23:02
I think only the 3G version of the current iPad has the GPS chip - the location services on the WiFi version are reliant on the 'illegally obtained' WiFi positioning data.

Have been contemplating iPad purchase for a while, but like others will definitely be waiting for a replacement version. Have just bought the Advent Vega Android tablet - about £230. Plenty of user produced mods/firmware in the pipeline for it - Flash to be added soon which will be a major advantage over the iPad. Has memory card, USB and HDMI ports too - plugged it into the TV tonight and watched a movie.
Virgin Atlantic