#769595 by flabound
03 Mar 2011, 13:32
CSW the more i think about it you dont have to worry. i drove back last Friday and the tolls still all take cash.

you have 2 choices.
take the south exit ,then 417 west until you hit I4.
or exit north and then 528 west again until I4

i prefer the south as it misses out the Disney exits on I4 and is slightly quicker.

BTW do you know if you exit I74 at mile 191 its a quicker run to Rotonda via Winchester Blvd
#769622 by catsilversword
03 Mar 2011, 18:39
flabound wrote:
catsilversword wrote:Crazy. (and busily working out how to get from MCO to Rotonda while avoiding the Turnpike....)

you are coming to Rotonda ?? when?? thats where we live -and its bloody nice here right now

End of April, it's a return visit (we were there in September). Off to look at mapquest....

http://www.mapquest.com is a great site for routes
#769629 by flabound
03 Mar 2011, 19:17
i dont think you need to worry about the turnpike, all tolls take cash up near Orlando and whichever route you take you will have to go thru a couple at least.

if i can help with any info etc re Rotonda please feel free to ask

pete
#769635 by Lucydog
03 Mar 2011, 20:38
So if i am landing at MCO, then going up to Daytona Beach for 9 days, and then Clearwater Beach for 9 days, and then back to Universal for 3 days. Will i need a sunpass.Sorry cannot remember toll booths along that area. ?| :#
#769682 by catsilversword
04 Mar 2011, 06:50
flabound wrote:CSW the more i think about it you dont have to worry. i drove back last Friday and the tolls still all take cash.

you have 2 choices.
take the south exit ,then 417 west until you hit I4.
or exit north and then 528 west again until I4

i prefer the south as it misses out the Disney exits on I4 and is slightly quicker.

BTW do you know if you exit I74 at mile 191 its a quicker run to Rotonda via Winchester Blvd

Many thanks. I'll make a note of that tip to exit at mile 191 too - can't remember if we were doing that last time by the end of our trip but it's worth noting anyway. I think we did the 417 west and then I4 last time.
#769683 by catsilversword
04 Mar 2011, 06:53
flabound wrote:i dont think you need to worry about the turnpike, all tolls take cash up near Orlando and whichever route you take you will have to go thru a couple at least.

if i can help with any info etc re Rotonda please feel free to ask

pete

Many thanks Pete. It's a lovely area, that's for sure. We always avoid the tourist areas, but even so, we were astonished at how quiet and undiscovered the area is - and also wondered just how long that'll be the case!
#769718 by flabound
04 Mar 2011, 13:36
well the area we live in has just under 3000 individual lots. there are currently less than 40 homes !!! so i am guessing and hoping that we wont be getting (m)any neighbours for a while. we do however get a lot of wildlife including bob cats,wild pigs,armadillos,tortoises,snakes, gators,coyotes and allegedly a panther (sighted a few blocks away). the birds are also pretty impressive, we have a pair of Bald Eagles nesting nearby.oh and a woodpecker who was tapping away at the house at 7am!!
Amongst 'must dos' i recommend Boca Grande and watching the sunset on Mansaota/Englewood beach.
#772713 by Roxy-Popsy
26 Mar 2011, 22:01
As promised, the finale to this possible horror story.

I've received my credit card bill from Lloyds TSB Amex, which I used to pay for this rental hire.

The total I've been charged for going thru numerous automated tolls is £13.83.

Is this right? :? I don't know, & I'm not going to faff about checking it. To me it seems reasonable. To be honest I'm just relieved this is all that it is, as I was more than a tad concerned.

As an aside, Lloyds TSB Amex didn't charge any foreign exchange fees y)

The petrol did go up by 25-35 cents per gallon :0 whilst we were there for our 10 day stay.

Happy driving one & all y)

R-P
Virgin Atlantic