#776918 by honey lamb
30 Apr 2011, 18:03
OK, this is travel tech because I can't print out an e-ticket for my trip tomorrow!

The wireless modem for our computers and my MacBook was giving trouble and so eircom replaced it free of charge. It meant I had a different network but that wasn't a problem and I've been happily posting away since it arrived on Good Friday. Today I tried in vain to print off my e-ticket and then realised I would have to re-configure the printer (which is a wireless one) to the new settings. No problem! I fished out the CD and the instructions and sailed merrily along. The network configuration was successfully downloaded to the printer but from there I'm stuck. :(

I get a summary screen of the configuration but when I click on continue I get this
The network configuration was successfully downloaded to the device. However to continue configuring the device in network, your Mac must have access to the device. So please make sure that your Mac has access to the Network : "eircomxxxxxxxx" (number redacted by me) and retry.

It has access to the network otherwise I wouldn't be posting this but every time I click on Retry I get the same message. I've tried to check it out and the IP address is the same except that the last part is .3 on the summary for the printer and .1 for the MacBook.

Heeeeeeelp! Pleeeeeeeease!
#776920 by downhillski1
30 Apr 2011, 19:07
I would try going to the menu in the printer and resetting your wireless config that way. Then, go to wherever in the menu you join a network, go through the steps (do it on the printer, not using the CD) and see if it will join your network. Once it has, go back to your mac, remove the printer and add it again. Hopefully that helps!