#780421 by slinky09
31 May 2011, 06:52
catsilversword wrote:.

How do you connect this though. as there's no socket I can see on the ipad???

It goes through where the power connects ii) .
#780422 by mitchja
31 May 2011, 08:07
As slinky mentions, it plugs into the sync socket.

There's 2 connectors that come with the camera kit. A USB connector and a SD card reader connector. If your camera uses SD cards, you can just insert the memory card into the SD reader connector.

The other connector is a USB socket which works with any digital camera and you can plug the camera directly into your iPad to transfer pictures.
#780457 by CHill710
31 May 2011, 12:49
mitchja wrote:As slinky mentions, it plugs into the sync socket.

There's 2 connectors that come with the camera kit. A USB connector and a SD card reader connector. If your camera uses SD cards, you can just insert the memory card into the SD reader connector.

The other connector is a USB socket which works with any digital camera and you can plug the camera directly into your iPad to transfer pictures.

see THIS from the apple store
#780505 by catsilversword
31 May 2011, 16:59
CHill710 wrote:
mitchja wrote:As slinky mentions, it plugs into the sync socket.

see THIS from the apple store

Am sitting here stunned. I was looking an ipad over (in Curry's or Comet or PC World, I think) and asked one of the assistants, as I couldn't see anywhere to connect. The guy also looked, couldn't find one either and told me there wasn't one. D'oh - I should have asked in an Apple store. Why would I need to though, when I can get the answer here :)

Thank you! y)
#780546 by MrT
31 May 2011, 20:46
Don't pay £25 for it though! IIRC they are quite cheap on eBay, and I think I have seen them on clearance in an M&S store technology section for less than £10.
#780590 by Hamster
31 May 2011, 23:43
Just to add my thoughts,

I have "hated" Apple products in the past. I had an iPhone, but I got rid of it, it frustrated me too much being slow and falling over, now have a lovely htc powered by android, it's great.
So when I was looking at the iPad 2, as I wanted a new toy to play with, I was looking at the android offerings, at the time, there was none released with the tablet version of android, just tablets running the phone version...
As I am impatient I just went and got the iPad 2. I use it all the time, but I wouldn't say it's perfect, lack of flash support is getting to me and there is a very restricted YouTube library, don't understand why they restrict it from apple devices? I can watch them on my phone?

But I am happy and pleased for now with my purchase. Didn't need one, and it can't replace a laptop in my opinion, some tasks are just easier on a laptop or desktop.
#780601 by catsilversword
01 Jun 2011, 05:50
honey lamb wrote:
tontybear wrote:Bring back Button B to get your sixpence back is what I say !

Don't you mean "Bring back Button B to get your tanner back" :w

Wasn't it 4 old pennies back in the middle ages???
Virgin Atlantic