#788295 by honey lamb
11 Aug 2011, 22:43
I am having a totally blonde and senior moment and seek your help. While I am totally in love with my iPad I am having difficulty in working out how to download books using the Kindle app. Do I purchase a book on Amazon and then download it on to the app or what? I tried before I left the USA with my new toy but failed. I was told that the book could not be downloaded because of copyright issues in spite of the fact that it was an Irish author and published in Ireland and Amazon have a base here also. Perhaps it was because it was the .com as opposed to the .co.uk domain. :?
#788296 by mcmbenjamin
11 Aug 2011, 22:48
Hey - You have to buy on Amazon.com then download it in the Kindle App on the iPad. Until VERY recently, you could buy in the Kindle App. Apple and the e-book retailers came to an agreement where one could not buy a book in Apps besides from the Apple Bookstore.
#788300 by mitchja
12 Aug 2011, 00:27
As Ben mentions, you just buy via the Amazon website (you can't use the separate Amazon iPad/iPhone app though to buy Kindle books either). It has to be done via a web browser.

When you launch the Kindle app it will automatically download the book for you.

If you buy via Safari on the iPad, it will actually prompt you to run the Kindle app once purchased.
#788302 by honey lamb
12 Aug 2011, 07:17
Thanks, guys! y)

Off to buy a few books now
Virgin Atlantic