#794773 by Travelling man
02 Nov 2011, 15:26
Hi all

My first post but I hope to be a regular now that I have found the forum.

I fly with Virgin once or twice a year for holidays (E and PE) and like most things about the service apart from the fact that the seatback screens don't tilt enough, so if the person in front reclines their seat the angle of vision makes the screen look so dark it is almost unwatchable. I am reasonably but not unusually tall so I can't be the only one.
My normal solution is to try to get exit row or bulkhead seats so that I have a screen on a pullup stem.

Seems such a shame that the best movie selections I have found are spoiled by the fact that I can't see them properly.

Has anybody else found a better solution?

I promise that I won't be on here just to moan but I am due to fly to Orlano in January and would love to make the viewing better.
#794799 by buns
02 Nov 2011, 21:31
Hi Travelling man and welcome to V-Flyer y) y)

Your observation is regreatably echoed throughout the Trip Reports on the Site when inconsiderate individuals in front fully recline (both in Y & PE) and you have little option but to consieer your navel for the rest of the flight v(

The downside of bulkhead / exit seats (and don't get me wrong here, on a crowded economy flight they are worth the money!!) is that you are at the mercy of others who wish to congregate

One of the things you will quickly learn about V-Flyers is they are willing to sell their own Grandmothers to get a UC Seat after reading the Trip Reports here :D :D

buns
#794801 by northernhenry
02 Nov 2011, 22:13
Welcome.... For info; The new jam IFE is substantially better than the embarrassing old IFE on the old gatwick/man fleet..So would be surprised to find any issue with viewing, I didn't and over six foot..
NH
#794802 by Ghostrider79
02 Nov 2011, 22:18
Hey Traveling Man
Welcome to V-Flyer y) y) y)
as Buns has said most of us will sell loved ones close family and a few of us our closest Traveling companions (in my case Gerry the giraffe) to get into Upper Class (UC)....

But when I have to travel PE or E I tend to do what you do get the seats with the TV in the arm rest, Or what I have done in the past a lot of the time is take my Apple Laptop with some pre loaded films etc on it and use that to entertain me on the flight as I just can not for the life of me sleep on a flight....

Mike
#794835 by Travelling man
03 Nov 2011, 12:45
Thanks for the replies and the welcomes.

I'm afraid that my budget only occcasionally stretches to PE and Upper class is just something I look at longingly through the curtains so for now it looks like I will need to keep on trying for the bulkhead seats.

Peter
#794882 by buns
03 Nov 2011, 22:24
Travelling man wrote:Thanks for the replies and the welcomes.

I'm afraid that my budget only occcasionally stretches to PE and Upper class is just something I look at longingly through the curtains so for now it looks like I will need to keep on trying for the bulkhead seats.

Peter

Don't forget to keep an eye on the Itinerary Calander on the Site (you will find it under the ToolBox Tag) to see if anyone is flying on the same day :w

buns
Virgin Atlantic