#815013 by woggledog
26 Jun 2012, 13:04
Im a little surprised that there hasn't been a discussion on passbook yet:

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/#passbook

I, for one, am genuinely excited about this. Being able to have my loyalty / ff / car hire / hotel cards all in one place is great. My wallet will shrink by 50%, what with all the nandos, gbk and yo sushi bumpf I have in there

I'm sure Starbucks functionality will be there at launch but as for others?

I truly hope that, at the very least, Hilton have a presence. Their iOS app is truly shocking and nothing more than a HTML app.
#815027 by joeyc
26 Jun 2012, 14:04
Given this isn't one of the many apple fan sights out there I'm not overly surprised it hasn't popped up yet.. Anyway as it has been brought up I must confess I am sceptical as to how well it will incorporate all the various loyalty programs out there at launch. Come to think of it I'm not really sure how it is going to practically work for cards that need to be swipped (e.g vodka revolution) or stamped (e.g nandos) - it will require a rethink of how people's 'loyalty' is sometimes measured.

Starbucks already have their own app for paying, locating stores etc, so not too sure what they would gain from throwing in with passbook. As for others, no doubt like siri it will be US specific at first so as a Brit there will be limited use for me. :(! n(

In fairness I, like many others out there, simply cannot carry all the loyalty/discount cards I hold with me all the time. I keep them at home until I need them. Seems pointless carrying my VS flying club card around with me when I am not flying.. same with the hotel cards, car rental cards too. Maybe I am just being a tad pessimistic in thinking that apple are using another app to peek into our personal life of likes/dislikes, places we frequent etc.

Wow, gone on a rant again haven't I. Sorry about that ][|)