#832679 by ratechaser
17 Dec 2012, 10:44
I know this subject comes up from time to time, but as technology moves on, and I'm looking to get myself some for Christmas, I thought I'd see what you are all using right now.

Is it Bose all the way, or are there significantly better alternatives? I'm not working to any specific price point, just looking for something that does the job very well (although don't want to be spending thousands for the privilege, if indeed there are any that expensive on the market).

Would appreciate any comments! And yes, they probably will get more use on planes than anywhere else...

thanks
RC
#832681 by DragonLady
17 Dec 2012, 11:27
I love my QC15s ( and my QC2s that went before them) :) . I'm not fussed on the QC3s as I prefer my ear covered in it's entirety ( or the re- chargeable battery that comes with the QC3s). I also find the noise cancelling on the QC15s is better than the QC2s (which IMHO wasn't too shabby either).
I got a great deal in Delaware in the BOSE shop trading the QC2s in for the QC15s :D ( no tax to pay either :D :D )
DL
#832682 by waldenhall
17 Dec 2012, 11:50
Good morning
Personally I cannot justify spending way over £100 on a set of headphones, I did spend a happy half hour in Best Buy on a recent trip to NJ and ended up with Sony MDR-NC7 for around $55 all in. Not as good as Bose by any stretch but they more than do the job as recent flights have shown. Just depends on how often you fly and how deep the pockets. Wait for bargains post Xmas I would suggest...
Bob
#832688 by Martin
17 Dec 2012, 14:09
Bose all the way for me too. Just like DL I had QC2s then did the $89 exchange when QC15s came out. No regrets. I find the on-ear type uncomfortable for transatlantic flights; any more than 2 hours and my ears feel squashed and hot. :$

That ruled out the QC3s for me, despite the best efforts of the Bose salesman at Columbus Circle! :)

Buy your QCs in the USA for $299 plus tax and it works out $125 cheaper than the UK at £299. y)

I also have a pair of Sennheiser on ear NC headphones, but rarely use them.

Cheers

Martin
#832709 by ratechaser
17 Dec 2012, 22:55
Petmadness wrote:Bought my Dad QC 15's from the States earlier this year and he loves them....keeps the nagging away :D

If it really achieved that feat, then $299 would be considered the bargain of the century ):

Ok, QC15s it will be then... Thank you all (pity I missed the gadget show, but I'll go with the weight of popular opinion here)
Virgin Atlantic