#832994 by honey lamb
21 Dec 2012, 22:21
If so, you are going to have to help me with a problem that has developed on my MacBook. In recent days a vertical stripe just over an inch wide has appeared on the screen. :0 I can get rid of it temporarily but it always comes back and makes reading (and therefore, editing) impossible. OK, I can do most of the TR in Google Cloud as I usually do but adding photos etc., is a problem. :(!

Please do not send me to my local Apple store - we don't have one although, ironically the MacBook was built 30 miles away from here in Cork but they do not have a helpline and in any case will have shut down now for the Christmas.

Things have been hectic here for the last few weeks but I am hoping to use the next week or so of total inertia to good use and for your entertainment, so please, if you can, HELP!!!!! :X :X :X
#833000 by RLF
22 Dec 2012, 00:31
Yes please, pics would be nice, but the reports are what we are after and details of the latest HL problems....

Also Mr Vipond still owes us a TR I believe????

Relying on them for Christmas entertainment.....
#833002 by honey lamb
22 Dec 2012, 01:06
You lot are such a source of help - NOT! Just like the gang who are also on Facebook v(

You shall be punished with an additional punishment to Gerrym who said what he did about macs.
#833003 by tontybear
22 Dec 2012, 01:30
honey lamb wrote:You lot are such a source of help - NOT! Just like the gang who are also on Facebook v(

You shall be punished with an additional punishment to Gerrym who said what he did about macs.

I have no idea how macs work - I can barely use my iPhone let alone anything more complicated from the Apple company.

I assume you've tried the old turning it off and on again trick?

Maybe if you let Puss sleep on it for a night ...

Otherwise I'm ?| ?| ?|
#833053 by Hev60
22 Dec 2012, 19:22
Sorry can't help HL and I can emphathise with your frustration. As long as these gadgets work, then I'm a happy bunny but once something goes wrong I'm too long in the tooth to work out how to fix it. A quick summon to the Grandkids :)
Shame joeyc is not around anymore, he seemed to have a comment on everything ): ):
#833068 by DragonLady
23 Dec 2012, 00:29
Hev60 wrote:
Shame joeyc is not around anymore, he seemed to have a comment on everything ): ):

He was around earlier ?| ?| Not sure whre he's supposed to have gone ?| ?| ??
Dearest HL, technology is a wondrous thing but sommetimes it's a right royal PITA.
Yes we still want ( all of ) them :) .
DL
#833070 by joeyc
23 Dec 2012, 00:47
Hev60 wrote:Shame joeyc is not around anymore, he seemed to have a comment on everything ): ):

Hello :P :P

Apologies if my input has been missed of late, been busy getting into the christmas spirit.

honey lamb wrote:If so, you are going to have to help me with a problem that has developed on my MacBook. In recent days a vertical stripe just over an inch wide has appeared on the screen. :0

From the sounds of it could be a couple of things HL. Worst case scenario is the screen will need to be replaced. Apple offers a service on their site called the express lane that is a good place to start: https://expresslane.apple.com/Getproduc ... cale=en_GB

You can have a look at some common problems that crop up, check the status of your products service standing and arrange a call back from their service centre, they should be able to take you through some stuff on the phone and then advise you better than I ii)

No excuses HL, gotta say I am part of the crowd itching to read those TRs. Perhaps some post christmas/recovery reading to look forward to?? 8D
#833072 by honey lamb
23 Dec 2012, 01:33
Thanks everyone for your input and especially from joeyc. y)

Tonight, for the first time I realised that if I didn't move the laptop, nothing happened. Therefore, over the Christmas period I shall endeavour to complete as many as possible for you.

Happy Christmas everyone :X :X
Virgin Atlantic