#866293 by Kraken
09 Feb 2014, 21:39
I know a lot of people on here really like the various Bose QC "over ear" noise cancelling headphones. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this newish in-ear variant that Bose have released?

Thanks
James
#866296 by chumba
09 Feb 2014, 22:17
I tried some recently, I found that they weren't as comfortable as my non noise cancelling in ear ones. Also the control box in my view is too close to the jack plug, it would be better further up the cable.

That said the quality of the noise cancelling was excellent, I used them on the train and on a plane and they were just as good as the over ear models.

However I couldn't get on with them due to them not being as comfortable (even with the different size tips) and the control box issue, so I took them back.

Buy a pair and see for yourself, get them from John Lewis and they won't quibble if you return them up to 70 days later I think it is. y)
#866384 by Kraken
11 Feb 2014, 17:21
chumba wrote:Buy a pair and see for yourself, get them from John Lewis and they won't quibble if you return them up to 70 days later I think it is. y)

John Lewis in Nottingham were very clear that they would not refund and in-ear headphones within the 90 day period due to hygiene reasons.

Have just called Bose and they offer a 30 day trial period on all products, including in-ear headphones, so will order from them.
#866440 by chumba
12 Feb 2014, 18:22
Kraken wrote:
chumba wrote:Buy a pair and see for yourself, get them from John Lewis and they won't quibble if you return them up to 70 days later I think it is. y)

John Lewis in Nottingham were very clear that they would not refund and in-ear headphones within the 90 day period due to hygiene reasons.

Have just called Bose and they offer a 30 day trial period on all products, including in-ear headphones, so will order from them.

Strange because I ordered them online from John Lewis and picked them up in my local waitrose the next day, used them for 2 weeks, then rang customer services and asked to return them, they gave me a returns number immediately - no quibble, and I dropped them into waitrose. Money appeared back on credit card 3 days later.

I did think of going direct to Bose but the delivery was 7-10 days and I needed them for a flight before that.
#902780 by Golfman
08 May 2015, 10:43
I have a pair of the QC20 (not i-phone version) previously having the QC15 (I think ) on ear version. For me personally think the QC15 were very slightly better in terms of sound and noise cancelling. But the difference was very small. As to confrt, I find them fine, however the wife can't get on with them. As I like them, I sold the QC15 and will put up with the very slight differences, but considering how much smaller they are, therefore much easier for travelling. The battery issue we will have to see how long it lasts.....Got mine last December and so far so good. Have easily lasted for a 13 hour flight.
For info I got mine in HK airport (Bose store near the checkin desks). It was £209 (charged ammount on CC bill). Much cheaper than here.
#902783 by wheels
08 May 2015, 12:31
I have a pair of the QC20i and QC15. I find the pair of QC20i much more comfortable for sleeping on the plane. Although the noise cancelling function isn't quite as good as the QC15 in my opinion.
#902787 by Smid
08 May 2015, 13:27
Kraken wrote:John Lewis in Nottingham were very clear that they would not refund and in-ear headphones within the 90 day period due to hygiene reasons.

Having got an ear infection from a pair of headphones, which I suspect moved down to my tooth, and resulted in a root canal, I agree with the that policy.

Ok, it might have been paranoia about the tooth, but it happened shortly after...

However, this was a Asda discounted pair, but it wasn't made clear they were returns and in effect second hand. It simply looked like the box had been damaged and perhaps they'd been discounted that way.

There is no way I'd buy a second hand or in any way used pair of headphones now...
#902788 by Smid
08 May 2015, 13:28
Jesus, 259 quid for a pair of earbuds. This has got stupid. Seriously.

They'd have to throw in a free tablet for me to buy those...
Virgin Atlantic