#879010 by Darren Wheeler
26 Jul 2014, 14:30
You should be able to get a replacement mains cable here. They are usually figure-8, 'clover-leaf' or kettle plug.

One thing to check though is does it come with an international warranty. If not, repairs may not be covered. Apple have international warranties on everything except iPhone and cellular iPad.
#879015 by stinky minky
26 Jul 2014, 14:48
the replacement plug is just to go into the transformer? I have a laptop at the mo which is plugged into a little black square thing then to the wall?
obviously I don't want to fry anything!!
#879021 by mitchja
26 Jul 2014, 17:11
I purchased my MacBook Air in the US and when I got back to the UK, I just purchased a UK power cable (the bit between the power brick and the wall socket) for a few quid off either Amazon or eBay.

Always useful having a US power cable when travelling back to the US so you don't have to faff about with UK power socket adapters/converts which never seem to fit properly and often end up handing out of the socket v(
#879025 by pjh
26 Jul 2014, 17:55
Our American employees travel to the UK with US bought laptops and have no trouble, albeit that our purchasing policy is clearly aimed to ensure that is the case. The insightful do as James says and source a locally configured power cable to link the transformer to the mains socket.
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests

Itinerary Calendar