#7797 by stephen
07 Sep 2005, 14:28
I am a total non teckie when it comes to this subject[:I]. I have done a search of earlier threads and looked on the VS Web site too. VS dont list my Laptop and on other external sites i find I need a No11 tip, oh its a Vaio VGN-B1VP. So please help me with what i need to keep this Laptop working throught my upcoming flights. Where do i buy what i need and how does it all work?

Many thanx
#76374 by stephen
08 Sep 2005, 13:17
Thankyou Richard[8D]
#76386 by p17blo
08 Sep 2005, 14:58
Further to this, if I wanted to take my own charger on board what type of connector would I need to plug it into the seat? Is it a standard cigar lighter attachment or something else?

Paul
#76388 by Decker
08 Sep 2005, 15:10
A standard empower connection. If you have a cigarette lighter type see if it pulls off exposing a roughly circular plug...
#76405 by p17blo
08 Sep 2005, 17:07
Are these the same ones that are also available from Targus?

Paul
#76409 by stephen
08 Sep 2005, 17:30
Just help me here if you can. In what sequence do you plug what into what? Is it Seat-cable-transformer-cable-laptop or something else?

I do hope I am not coming over as a total teckniphobe but this laptop charges 4 ipod's, plays dvd's and keeps the family entertained and will be used on 6 long haul flights over 31 days. So if i get it wrong i will be the family donkey[}:)]

Why oh why dont all companies use the same connections, similar to hifi phono plugs etc[i]
#76415 by Decker
08 Sep 2005, 18:18
Same Targus ones yes. Lead plugs into seat, to little transformer direct to laptop, no need for your own adapter at all.
#76419 by Nottingham Nick
08 Sep 2005, 18:29
The crew will give you an empower lead, this plugs directly into a point close to the IFE console. You will also be presented with selection of nibs, one of which will connect to the lead and then to your laptop. The crew are very helpful in helping you to decide which of the numbered nibs will fit your lap top.

As others have said, you can buy your own lead. If you have decided that you HAVE to have power on your flight, this may be a good option. On our trip back from SFO in August, there was only one lead on board for use by all of the passengers.

Nick
#76420 by stephen
08 Sep 2005, 18:34
Very helpful, I now have a clear mind on this issue. I have ordered my own lead as the PDF info on the VS website does not list my Vaio.

So this is a true example of how bloodyfantastic this site is[y][y][y]

Thanx
Virgin Atlantic