#78532 by preiffer
26 Sep 2005, 20:33
Yup - A friend of mine has one that's screwed, too.

The discussion forums on apple.com are flooded with unhappy people... [:(]

IIRC, the mini had a problem when it first came out - noise from the hard disk and headphone socket coming loose - it cost Apple a fortune to fix, and the got a lot of bad press over it. You'd think they'd learn.... [V]

One good reason to buy the shuffle, I guess - no screen [:p]

{had to use "make a shorter link" to allow the apple url to post correctly - it'll redirect you}
#78546 by andrew.m.wright
26 Sep 2005, 21:43
Ditto - Featured on Radio 2's News preview around 5.40 this evening.

According to them loads of Americans have had to return them as the screen seems to break.
#78548 by Nottingham Nick
26 Sep 2005, 21:47
There was an article on BBC's Watchdog last week slagging off the battery of the 'big' iPod.. (again [:0] ).

Seems the Apple PR Dept. have some overtime to work.

Nick
#78559 by philadam
26 Sep 2005, 22:24
Now I feel better that I have just bought an iPOD mini that is not the latest gadget. I like to have the latest gadget:)

Just as an aside, I downloaded software from "iPOD Hacker" which isn't quite as drastic as it sounds. Amongst other things it will convert your battery display into numbers to make it easier to tell how much charge you have, 500 being fully charged and 100-150 meaning almost needing recharge. I find it useful, especially as the battery runs down pretty quickly and more so if you use the backlight. You can download it from http://www.benlogan.biz/downloads.html

Phil
Virgin Atlantic