Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#742762 by holliefabbabe
13 Apr 2010, 18:11
Hi, ive been watching the MCO flights from MAN , VS076 landed before time at man but it was late leaving back to MAN at just after 12 (scheduled departure was at 1025 gmt

Do they do maintenance at Manchester or was it delayed for other reasons ? it also shows on the v-flyer system that it went from LGW to MAN this coming Thursday?
#742764 by Neil
13 Apr 2010, 18:16
All planned maintainence is carried out at LGW for the MAN a/c. If there is a problem then engineers based at MAN can fix it.

Quite often they might do swap over flights in the UK to get a/c in to position, or if an a/c needs to be swapped over due to a problem.
#742765 by tontybear
A late departure could be due to any number of reasons such as some unschedled minor maintenance, problems boarding pax or someone who had checked in but didn'lt board (yes it does happen) so there is anneed to find their luggage to take it off or delays cased by ground handling or air traffic control.

There was a TR earlier today about a BA flight being delayed waiting for some catering so there are literally 100's of reasons.

I think, but am not an expert that some flights rotate from MAN to LGW - another v-flyer will be along shortly I'm sure !
#742766 by Aaron
holliefabbabe wrote:hi , ive been watching the mco flights from man , v076 landed before time at man but it was late leaving back to man at just after 12 (scheduled departure was at 1025 gmt

do they do maintenance at Manchester or was it delayed for other reasons ? it also shows on the v-flyer system that it went from lgw to man this coming thursday?

I don't know abot this mornings delay, as for the positiong flight this coming Thursday, G-VROS will most likely operate an MCO flight back to LGW on Wednesday night as part of planned aircraft rotation. It will then position back up to MAN to operate the VS73 which is the afternoon flight from MAN which operates on selected days.
#742767 by katie666
13 Apr 2010, 18:22
I noticed that delay this morning too. I hope the vs073 gets away on time on Friday - just for me. :)

Katie :)
#742885 by Aaron
14 Apr 2010, 14:18
holliefabbabe wrote:late depating again, ony 45mins though , so if you are late to the gate , doesnt the plane go without you anymore

It will go without you after a certain amount of time! However if the pax who haven't turned up at the gate have bags loaded in the hold on the plane, then the bags will have to be removed as they pose a security risk.

A 45minute late departure isn't as bad as it sounds, today’s 75 looks like it is only going to be 13minutes behind schedule into MCO.
#742896 by tontybear
14 Apr 2010, 15:21
holliefabbabe wrote:late depating again, ony 45mins though , so if you are late to the gate , doesnt the plane go without you anymore

As they keep saying on Airline - planes are not buses and wont wait for you thats why you need to be checked-in by X time and at the Gate at Y time.

The 45 mins could be down to anything and not just a late pax but there will come a point when they have to close the doors - otherwise its not fair on 300 other pax if they are waiting for one or two numptys
#743441 by sunny23uk
17 Apr 2010, 21:28
It was late due to a 51% passenger secondary screening check - including some checks on suitcases at the secondary screening area just prior to boarding the bus to the remote stand on Wed 14th.

The Captain also mentioned that the US had insisted on extra checks for certain passengers prior to entry, so they couldn't leave without doing them, otherwise they'd have been turned back.

Apparently this also happened on Tue 13th as well, according to ground staff.

Of course, that could all have been the excuse they wanted us passengers to hear, so that we didn't complain too much. ;)
#743442 by tontybear
17 Apr 2010, 22:02
sunny23uk wrote:
The Captain also mentioned that the US had insisted on extra checks for certain passengers prior to entry, so they couldn't leave without doing them, otherwise they'd have been turned back.

I bet there were a few stares and muttered comments

'Am glad we are ok and not pulled aside/ Times like this a name like Smith is a boon - no terrorist would be called Smith! Do you think thats the terrorist dear? the man with the funny look and the beard'

'no my sweet, hes reading the daily mail so hes safe, besides he looks normal like us - he bought a toblerone and a bottle of gin in duty free'

'what about her? she looks a bit you know common'

'now, now dear. you cant say that these days'

'oh well, you must be right. How are those pants dear? am not sure why you asked me to sew some wire into the gusset ...'

'oh you silly sausage, now pass me those two small bottles from your handbag and do the crossword'
#743461 by sunny23uk
18 Apr 2010, 03:03
:)

To be honest, the volume was so low during all the announcements, I struggled to hear them, so most people probably didn't even listen to them.
Virgin Atlantic