Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#747575 by Lizz
07 Jun 2010, 15:20
So, being nervous I like to think of everything I can to make me feel better and as on Thursday will be the first time in a very long time I've been on a wide bodied A/C I am sat here thinking the obviously the take-off roll will take longer. I know it will depend on wing direction, amount of passengers and all that technical stuff. But does anyone have any idea of a rough average of how long it takes for a A330-200 to get from one end of the runway up into the air?

And yes, I will be sat there counting :|
#747577 by Ghostrider79
07 Jun 2010, 15:31
Anywhere between 20 to 40 seconds roughly... why not go on youtube and search for A340-200 and you are bound to find a few video's people have taken.
I have one that i have not put on YT of a A340-300 push back and take off of a fully loaded A/C in July last year on the way to ORD so I can have a look at it and see ho long the take off roll is....

Mike
#747579 by mdvipond
07 Jun 2010, 15:44
I saw your earlier thread about your - shall we say - slight edginess when flying, and I'm pretty sure the best advice here is, DON'T SIT THERE COUNTING!

Once you've got a number in your head you'll be fretting that half a second over means you're heading for the M56. You've no idea what the pax/fuel/freight load is, what different wind factors are involved, so sit back, try to keep calm and rely on the astronomically high probability that you'll sail gently into the air and be safely on your way without any cause for concern.