Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#748606 by vizbiz
22 Jun 2010, 12:56
Does anyone know of anywhere on the internet that has detailed info about NATS (and Swanwick in particular)? I've tried google but all I get is the content-free stuff from NATS own web site. Being a bit interested in control-room and graphics type stuff, I'd love to find some info on the swanwick set-up etc.

BTW, has anyone had a go at the online games at the NATS website that assess whether you'd be any good as an ATC bod? Highly entertaining, and I don't think I'll be applying there just yet :D !
#748607 by tontybear
22 Jun 2010, 13:06
I doubt you'd get anything detailed re the control room and graphics etc - all down to maintaining the security of the systems and the Swanwick site.

There have been some news reports etc where flashed of the contril room have been shown but it was very mucg generic stuff.
#748608 by willd
22 Jun 2010, 13:30
As a very long shot, a.net may have some pictures. If u search for uk and control towers or something there maybe some pictures of the interior. Certainly is of LHR control tower
#748616 by Bazz
22 Jun 2010, 18:18
Following the Budget, perhaps v-flyers should put in a bid to run NATS? ;)
#748741 by jpcox1
24 Jun 2010, 19:46
Have you tried the NATS press office? As a former employee, I know they produced some very informative public publications.

Good luck
#748742 by jpcox1
24 Jun 2010, 19:46
Have you tried the NATS press office? As a former employee, I know they produced some very informative public publications.

Good luck
#748849 by Lizz
26 Jun 2010, 20:04
vizbiz wrote:BTW, has anyone had a go at the online games at the NATS website that assess whether you'd be any good as an ATC bod? Highly entertaining, and I don't think I'll be applying there just yet :D !

I never realised they had games, found them quite amusing and I think given abit more practice I wouldn't be too bad! Shame I never went to the initial assesments for the trainee ATCs a while back, I might have done alright!
Virgin Atlantic