Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#764338 by mitchja
17 Jan 2011, 12:08
The current VS Retail Therapy catalogue (which runs until 5th April 11) currently only offers 1 model A346 (no 744's) but still in the old livery.

Maybe they are selling old stock before new models are introduced?
#764345 by Concorde RIP
17 Jan 2011, 12:52
The problem is that none of the model manufacturers have yet released models in this livery...

The models that VS sell are made by Gemini Jets...there are other manufacturers in that scale (1:400), and of these, maybe Phoenix will release some models...

Of course, there are all the plastic 1:200 models and many other "toy" planes that may be produced first in the new livery...
#766943 by jwhite9185
09 Feb 2011, 19:37
Concorde RIP wrote:The problem is that none of the model manufacturers have yet released models in this livery...

The models that VS sell are made by Gemini Jets...there are other manufacturers in that scale (1:400), and of these, maybe Phoenix will release some models...

Of course, there are all the plastic 1:200 models and many other "toy" planes that may be produced first in the new livery...

Phoenix released VLIP with the Harry Potter logo late last year - seems they dont worry too much about licences etc. so maybe they will be the 1st to release one?
#783750 by honey lamb
25 Jun 2011, 11:44
jwhite9185 wrote:Ive uploaded a pic of the Phoenix G-VSXY to my profile on here - cant see how to link it to this post though!!

Click on the Post a Reply button and scroll down below the message box and Preview/Submit buttons. Below that click on the Upload attachment tab and Bob's your uncle
#793501 by jwhite9185
12 Oct 2011, 16:56
Had this waiting for me when i got home yesterday :)

Not a bad model, but the red is like the old shade rather than the new metallic kind. And they have missed off the Virgin logo from the wingtips. Other than that its still a good looking model.
Attachments
vs744.jpg
#797141 by Hamster
06 Dec 2011, 21:03
Thanks for the photos!

They look more silver than white? Is that a true representation of their colour or is it the photos changing the colour?
#797177 by jwhite9185
07 Dec 2011, 08:46
Hamster wrote:Thanks for the photos!

They look more silver than white? Is that a true representation of their colour or is it the photos changing the colour?

The colours are a bit off. Seem to be using the old style silver and red rather than white and dark red. Been a common complaint on the model forums that there's no VS models coloured correctly.
#842269 by danboy
31 Mar 2013, 16:11
Afternoon folks,

Sorry to jump on an old topic but I've just found this thread on Google.

I'm looking to sell my Virgin Atlantic Concorde model by Gemini. It was 1 of 2000 made in 2004 I believe and has a card proving its authenticity. I used to be crew for VAA leaving in 2007. It was made when we RB was trying to get the Concorde and was unsuccessful because BA are cretins ;)

Do you know who would be interested, if anybody? I also have an unopened Sindy Doll (don't laugh) in the VAA uniform. Are there are any hardcore collectors out there??
#842428 by LovingGold
01 Apr 2013, 17:40
danboy wrote:Afternoon folks,

Sorry to jump on an old topic but I've just found this thread on Google.

I'm looking to sell my Virgin Atlantic Concorde model by Gemini. It was 1 of 2000 made in 2004 I believe and has a card proving its authenticity. I used to be crew for VAA leaving in 2007. It was made when we RB was trying to get the Concorde and was unsuccessful because BA are cretins ;)

Do you know who would be interested, if anybody? I also have an unopened Sindy Doll (don't laugh) in the VAA uniform. Are there are any hardcore collectors out there??

Not sure if this will bring the value you expect but I think this is what you may have.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Limited-Editi ... 3f23abe01f
Virgin Atlantic