Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#755628 by Dave2009
19 Sep 2010, 21:32
Really Hope Not!

For me the livery of an Airline seems very important as I fell it portrays the airline, for exampl I feel the Qatar Airways livery is very smart and good and this reflects the company and brand.

Personally I feel the new Virgin Atlantic livery doesn't look right and in some ways portrays what the company is, and that being changing for the bad which is a reflecting from the recent type of Virgin Atlantic I have experianced.
#755648 by VS1987
20 Sep 2010, 17:55
G-VAST came out of the hanger today, in new livery and will position to LGW this evening. Apparently G-VXLG has now gone into Air Livery
#757898 by seany
18 Oct 2010, 00:50
jay wrote:The new livery actually looks stunning in the flesh

My thoughts exactly, I didn't like it in photos, then yesterday I saw it glistening in the Caribbean sunshine, and I now think there is no livery in the world better than this one, just stunning.
#757904 by mitchja
18 Oct 2010, 09:11
I agree the new livery looks better in the flesh but I just hope VS will stick to this design now as their current fleet looks a mess at the moment as there's a mish-mash of liveries now at VS (4, maybe 5 different ones currently?)

Compare this to the uniform design of BA as on arriving at T5 yesterday, seeing a line of BA tails all the same does actually look good.
#757909 by clarkeysntfc
18 Oct 2010, 10:21
I think they're getting the aircraft with the purple outline on the tail in for re-paint first, so at least they will loosely match the more recent liveried aircraft.
#757985 by honey lamb
18 Oct 2010, 20:29
mitchja wrote:Compare this to the uniform design of BA as on arriving at T5 yesterday, seeing a line of BA tails all the same does actually look good.

Except that this one was thrown into the mix. It has been retro-fitted because the 757 is leaving the fleet at the end of the month
#757988 by Martin
18 Oct 2010, 20:37
For those of you yet to fly in a new livery aircraft this is what the new winglets look like to the passengers.
I still prefer the union jacks.
This is Mustang Sally (G-VROC)leaving San Francisco on 8th Oct.
081020101400.jpg
New Winglets in flight
#757991 by Tinkerbelle
18 Oct 2010, 20:41
honey lamb wrote:
mitchja wrote:Compare this to the uniform design of BA as on arriving at T5 yesterday, seeing a line of BA tails all the same does actually look good.

Except that this one was thrown into the mix. It has been retro-fitted because the 757 is leaving the fleet at the end of the month

Thanks for the pic HL - I had heard about the retro livery but hadn't seen a photo yet. y)
#757994 by honey lamb
18 Oct 2010, 20:46
Tinkerbelle wrote:
honey lamb wrote:

Thanks for the pic HL - I had heard about the retro livery but hadn't seen a photo yet. y)

I saw it when I was in T1 waiting for my flight home yesterday. I don't think I would have noticed the livery if it hadn't been for the 757 on the fuselage. It took me ages to realise the tail fin was different.

It was a friend who told me of the retro-fit and why.
#757997 by willd
18 Oct 2010, 21:20
Tinkerbelle wrote:

Tinks I always find Skyliner Aviation to be an excellent source for new liveries, it gets updated almost daily with pictures of the latest liveries or new aircraft types in a fleet. Most comprehensive and for "new" pictures is better than a.net.

Personally I much prefer the old union jack winglets and am rather surprised to see them droped given that the VX livery has the stars and stripes on the winglets and one would presume that Virgin are looking for some sort of commonality across the liveries.
#758006 by Tinkerbelle
18 Oct 2010, 22:21
willd wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:

Tinks I always find Skyliner Aviation to be an excellent source for new liveries, it gets updated almost daily with pictures of the latest liveries or new aircraft types in a fleet. Most comprehensive and for "new" pictures is better than a.net.

I hadn't seen it as I actually hadn't bothered to look for a picture!! :D
#758070 by jwhite9185
19 Oct 2010, 20:08
Martin wrote:For those of you yet to fly in a new livery aircraft this is what the new winglets look like to the passengers.
I still prefer the union jacks.
This is Mustang Sally (G-VROC)leaving San Francisco on 8th Oct.
081020101400.jpg

Hmm that Virgin logo looks a bit out of proportion to me. Could do with being a tad bigger!
#758874 by VS075
01 Nov 2010, 22:08
True, but it still would've looked quite good. Maybe if VS ever decide to withdraw 747s from the fleet and painted one in a retro livery like BA have done to commemorate the passing of the 757s from their fleet.

As for the new livery, forgive me if this has already been answered, but why are they changing it so soon after the revision a few years ago?
#759010 by horburyflyer
02 Nov 2010, 22:29
Flew home on Mustang Sally (G-VROC) on Sunday night on the VS046 and on push back a special announcement was made that we were lucky to flying on the first aircraft painted in Virgin Atlantic's new livery....and smart it looks too.
Virgin Atlantic