Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#760021 by dpscrest
16 Nov 2010, 23:04
I've taken a few flights but never one where the captain or first officer have failed to make any announcement before take off. The first we heard from the flight deck was an hour outside lhr to inform the passengers we would be delayed by about Twenty minutes due to fog.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

This was vs 10 on 14th nov
#760363 by dpscrest
21 Nov 2010, 07:04
Ok it wasn't that I particularly wanted to hear the captain or first officers dulcet tones it was more a case that after we took off I wanted to know how long the flight was. Just thought it was a little odd.
#760469 by dpscrest
23 Nov 2010, 05:22
No fsm announcement re flight time, that's what alerted me. I asked in the end. No big drama just that as I said I've flown a bit and never experienced no cockpit announcements until an hour from landing. Take on board comments re crew busy etc but we departed on time so just thought it was a little odd.
#760578 by Tinkerbelle
24 Nov 2010, 14:08
Well the "Welcome on Board" PA's are made approximately every 10 minutes so you could have easily missed the last one of those PA's. The Captain will always try to make a PA before take-off however due to how busy they are is not always possible. Sometimes they would make a PA after take-off but given this was the VS10 and by the time when the aircraft is at top of climb when they could make the PA, a lot of the cabin would be asleep.
Virgin Atlantic