Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#771995 by craftycolin
20 Mar 2011, 12:04
My wife and I are due to travel to Las Vegas on the inaugural Virgin flight from Manchester on the 3rd April.
Can anyone provide any information about the flight as all I know so far is that the seat plan shows a 747 aircraft.
Thanks
#771996 by Nottingham Nick
20 Mar 2011, 12:11
Welcome to V-Flyer, Colin

Can you be a bit more specific about the things you are looking for information about?

A good starting point is the V-Flyer trip report index.

As your is the inaugural flight, there will be no identical, but MAN-MCO reports will give you an idea of what to expect at Manchester and the LGW-LAS reports will tell you about the trips to Sin City. :D

Nick
#772105 by neildale4
21 Mar 2011, 12:21
Hi, have you found any info about the flight? i'm flying the same route on june 9th. It's great that we don't have to drive down to Gatwick any longer to fly to Vegas.
Always travel Manchester to Orlando from manchester but never had the Purple leather seats in PE yet! Fingers crossed for that on this new route!!!!! :D
#772968 by craftycolin
28 Mar 2011, 20:47
Thanks for the responses.
I was wondering what the load was for the flight to gauge whether there would be a possibility of a paid or complimentary upgrade (Well it's nice to dream!).
Thanks
Colin
#773035 by Neil
29 Mar 2011, 07:37
Gpik wrote:Chances are being an inaugural it will be on a LHR aircraft which will therefor have VPort.

That is a big assumption to make, there certainly hasn't been any notification that is the case.

Thanks HF.
We will be in Economy so it would be good to try and ascertain which aircraft will be used to understand what entertainment system will be on board.
Colin

Colin - the best way of knowing what a/c type and therefore what IFE system will be on board is to have a look at the manage my booking section on the VS site.

That will show you which seat plan that VS are currently planning on using on your flight. The LGW/MAN configs are very similar, but if you look at the same economy section behind the downstairs PE cabin, it will either have 3 or 4 rows.

If it has 3 rows, then you will be on an a/c with Nova IFE
If it has 4 rows, then it will be an a/c with Odyseey IFE

Do remember though, that things might and do change, so until you are sat on the a/c, you can never be certain.
#773089 by Guest
29 Mar 2011, 16:05
At the moment our internal load checker is showing it is a LGW config aircraft - though as always these things are subject to last minute changes.
#773121 by tontybear
29 Mar 2011, 18:42
Nottingham Nick wrote:
T-shorts for all passengers and a big media circus.

Ah yes them new fangled t-shorts for all fashionable flyers - shortly to replace the ninja suits in UC! ): ):
#773577 by pmccer
01 Apr 2011, 23:55
staff at vegas informed me while waiting to board for lgw yesterday the first return flight to Manchester only has 12 passengers, but is pretty full after that, would they move everyone up a cabin for such a light flight?
#773578 by Tinkerbelle
02 Apr 2011, 00:05
pmccer wrote:staff at vegas informed me while waiting to board for lgw yesterday the first return flight to Manchester only has 12 passengers, but is pretty full after that, would they move everyone up a cabin for such a light flight?

Not unless they pay for the upgrade.

Upgrades are not given out just because of light loads.
#773706 by horburyflyer
03 Apr 2011, 13:19
Colin,

Typing this as you are about an hour into your 10hrs10min flight to LAS. Hope you had a good fligth across and it woudl be good to hear how this first flight went - anything special at MAN?

Thanks - enjoy Vegas.

HF
Virgin Atlantic