Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#776312 by vsa380
23 Apr 2011, 21:53
Looks like Virgin Australia is the new name for Virgin Blue

http://tinyurl.com/6jevnyc

The logo is a mix of old VS Tail logo and the new font, I like it.

The logo is only in Black and White at the moment but heres what i think it might look like in colour.

#776320 by Luke085
23 Apr 2011, 22:56
The logo's look good!

Thanks for posting.
#776344 by willd
24 Apr 2011, 08:19
vsa380 wrote:Looks like Virgin Australia is the new name for Virgin Blue

Well it will be Virgin Australia for domestic services within Australia and then V Australia for all their international services (so Pacific Blue and Polynesian Blue will be lost). DJ have confirmed that this rebrand will not result in their being just one single brand but two. Of course, this is because of the SQ issue.

The logo is only in Black and White at the moment but heres what i think it might look like in colour.

Good stab. I personally think that we will see a bit of colour on the tail, possibly two colours hence the different shades and the Virgin name will be in colour- if it was to be white in the black and white version it would not be so dark.

Given the UK centric nature of this forum I am not surprised that all that is happening at DJ has not gained more coverage. However this is a huge step forward and probably the most important thing currently happening at a Virgin branded airline. There has been a clear effort to make DJ a much more up market brand and move it well away from its low cost beginnings. The tie up with NZ has had a huge hand to play with this as has the EY deal however it is clear that they are wanting to be more 'corporate' and a lot of ideas are being taken from VS. The new uniform for example is clearly based on the VS one.
#776634 by tonywestsider
27 Apr 2011, 06:11
In the US, comparatively speaking, the VX tail, using the same colors as VS, has a transparent brand transfer appeal. In other words, customers perceive VS and VX to be one carrier visually speaking, if you were to look at tail colors. Now Virgin Blue and Polynesian Blue going to VA livery should definitely be an upgrade. The new Virgin Australia for AU domestic services seems to be a good blend of the former DJ Blue and VS. Seems like this scheme will be much more attractive than the new UA/CO scheme, if one compares with the competition.