Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#802246 by Monkey789
08 Feb 2012, 11:12
Breaking news on Sky:

"All Airbus A380 superjumbos will be checked for cracks in their wings after Qantas airways discovered dozens of hairline fractures during a maintenance inspection."

Thoughts?
#802248 by Monkey789
08 Feb 2012, 11:36
Darren Wheeler wrote:Much as it pains me to link to the DM, but

Old news

I wouldn't be seen dead reading that toilet paper so hadn't seen this before! Wonder why Sky are showing this as breaking news then.
#802249 by Concorde RIP
08 Feb 2012, 11:50
Slow news day - "let's take an old story and sensationalise it"...

Lots of planes (including 747s) have developed such defects over the years, and manufacturing/maintenance processes are changed and remove the problem.

There was a well written article on Flight Global about this a couple of weeks ago that might be worth reading
#802270 by tontybear
08 Feb 2012, 15:45
scnickr wrote:Breaking news on Sky:

"All Airbus A380 superjumbos will be checked for cracks in their wings after Qantas airways discovered dozens of hairline fractures during a maintenance inspection."

Thoughts?

As Darren says this is old news.

There has been an updated Air Worththieness Directive relating to the timings the checks need to take place by.
#802275 by Monkey789
08 Feb 2012, 17:10
tontybear wrote:
scnickr wrote:Breaking news on Sky:

Thoughts?

As Darren says this is old news.

There has been an updated Air Worththieness Directive relating to the timings the checks need to take place by.

Yeah I saw. I was just going from what Sky News were telling me!
#802277 by Concorde RIP
08 Feb 2012, 17:29
From what I can see, Qantas have found a plane that the AD applies to and groudned it accordingly.

Sky/BBC et al have now decided this constitutes a new crisis and reporting entire fleet grounded etc...

No reports, I notice, of the delamination issue hitting the 787 which may slow production in the short term!
#802279 by HWVlover
08 Feb 2012, 18:30
Righto. y)

Superglue in the hand luggage in 10 weeks time. ):
#802280 by tontybear
08 Feb 2012, 18:59
HWVlover wrote:Righto. y)

I heard they are going to sit you in the middle seats so as not to stres the wings too much by you having a window seat !
#802283 by HWVlover
08 Feb 2012, 20:01
tontybear wrote:
HWVlover wrote:Righto. y)

I heard they are going to sit you in the middle seats so as not to stress the wings too much by you having a window seat !

A very GOOD point TB. I MUST start my diet!! ii) ii)

I just hope that terminal three is neat and tidy after Jacki's departure on the VS005 earlier in the day. ): ):
Virgin Atlantic