Don your anorak and get technical about airplanes.
#803754 by Biggles
25 Feb 2012, 11:10
Sorry about the obscure title to this thread, but all will become clear...

On Thursday 23rd Feb A.340-300 G-VFAR flew from Manchester back to Heathrow after repainting by Air Liveries.

It is no longer names 'Diana', and it took a while to find the 'name' on the aircraft. It is now called 'Molly' - the name has been moved from the nose (under the cockpit windows) to the side of the fuselage just adjacent to the forward freight/baggage hold.

It's first revenue flight in these colours was the VS657 to Accra that evening.
#803877 by tontybear
26 Feb 2012, 22:39
virginboy747 wrote:Molly???? What's that all about?? :0


Another charity name change auction thingy?

Either that or the painter decided to name the plane after his dog and no one noticed :o) :o)
#803878 by RedVee
26 Feb 2012, 22:52
Mike Oldfield's daughter is called Molly........might be entirely co-incidental ?|
#803883 by sunsational
27 Feb 2012, 00:21
My brother in law has a rotweiler named Molly and the Mother-in-law's 7 month old dog is called Dolly.
#803892 by pjh
27 Feb 2012, 09:34
mikejwright wrote:All details are here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/lofi ... 13493.html


y)
#803897 by RedVee
27 Feb 2012, 09:59
Hi mikejwright

Thanks for that and welcome to V-Flyer
#803902 by Concorde RIP
27 Feb 2012, 10:40
I'm surprised more PR didn't come out about this.....a nice story.

Weren't the A343's going though? Why repaint/name a plane that won't be long for the fleet - or did I get that wrong (as usual!).
#803904 by Neil
27 Feb 2012, 11:11
Concorde RIP wrote:I'm surprised more PR didn't come out about this.....a nice story.

Weren't the A343's going though? Why repaint/name a plane that won't be long for the fleet - or did I get that wrong (as usual!).


The A343's aren't due to leave the fleet currently - there are 4 A346 that are leaving this year though.
#803917 by slinky09
27 Feb 2012, 15:58
Neil wrote:
The A343's aren't due to leave the fleet currently - there are 4 A346 that are leaving this year though.


I thought two more A343s were going this year, including G-VSUN?
#803919 by Concorde RIP
27 Feb 2012, 16:02
Slinky - that's what I thought too, although I must have got the names/regs mixed up...

Tell you what, if VS made their fleet plans public knowledge, life would be a lot more boring!!!
#804091 by Monkey789
29 Feb 2012, 10:01
Neil wrote:
Concorde RIP wrote:I'm surprised more PR didn't come out about this.....a nice story.

Weren't the A343's going though? Why repaint/name a plane that won't be long for the fleet - or did I get that wrong (as usual!).


The A343's aren't due to leave the fleet currently - there are 4 A346 that are leaving this year though.


Sorry if it's been mentioned before elsewhere, but do we know which A346's are due to leave this year?

I also thought some A343's were leaving as I'd read that on this forum somewhere.
#804113 by jwhite9185
29 Feb 2012, 20:04
scnickr wrote:
Neil wrote:
Concorde RIP wrote:I'm surprised more PR didn't come out about this.....a nice story.

Weren't the A343's going though? Why repaint/name a plane that won't be long for the fleet - or did I get that wrong (as usual!).


The A343's aren't due to leave the fleet currently - there are 4 A346 that are leaving this year though.


Sorry if it's been mentioned before elsewhere, but do we know which A346's are due to leave this year?

I also thought some A343's were leaving as I'd read that on this forum somewhere.


G-VSHY
G-VMEG

Cant remember the other 2 off the top of my head, but its basically the 1st 4 delivered to VS.
#822651 by mollysmom
04 Sep 2012, 16:23
I have just joined this site after reading what people are saying about the renaming of Diana to Molly. I am Molly's mom and have found some of the comments upsetting. Molly like all of you loves planes and had been seriously ill all her life and will continue to be so, despite this she works hard and is the kindess, most beautiful young lady inside and out you will ever meet. Who among you wouldn't have jumped at the chance to have a wonderful plane named after you, Virgin staff were amazing and made Molly feel very special and treated her like a 5 star passanger,
please think of peoples feelings next time you leave comments like some of you have, if my daighter read any of this she would be very upset.
#822683 by Nottingham Nick
04 Sep 2012, 20:14
Welcome to the site, mollysmom.

Having re-read the thread, I am not entirely sure what has caused your upset, but thanks for sharing the story and posting your thoughts.

Nick
#822686 by slinky09
04 Sep 2012, 20:29
I'm mystified too - many months ago something changed and there was some banter about it, when the reason became known the comments changed.

What's so upsetting ?| ?| ?| .

I think it's a lovely story but the full extent of it wasn't known up front.
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Itinerary Calendar