This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#908071 by sungod
01 Aug 2015, 20:03
after my unfortunate event earlier in the year, the consultant finally told me to go forth and bear weight in mid-may, since then had a couple of short-haul flights, one for a week away in sunny algarve with mrs sungod, who i feel took far too much pleasure in walking faster than me up the hill, the other for business, oh and lots of physio

now, barring surprises, my first long-ish flight beckons, DXB and as a plus i'm booked UC on account of my continuing recuperation and various twinges, i think august is going to be a bit hot, but it'll be nice to see colleagues there again :)

i'm already looking forward to the CH, i hear the burger been restored to its former glory, but will there be bubbly still for me?

can anyone tell me the latest on the CH/in-flight bubbly situation, is it now gardet? i can't recall having it, but my book of bubbly tells me it may not be up to the lanson
#908080 by whiterose
02 Aug 2015, 06:45
Still Lanson in the CH thank goodness when we were there at the end of April. Ghastly gardet on board, your bubbly book's verdict is the same as mine.

Good to hear you're on the mend, I remember that great TR you did!
#908096 by Bretty
02 Aug 2015, 21:05
So good to hear that you're getting back to fitness, though it's sometimes a slow journey admittedly. As whiterose has said, Lanson in't Clubhouse and Gsrdet onboard. It's not so dreadful although I seem to remember swapping very early in flight to cocktails, albeit an unconscious decision ;)
#908222 by sungod
06 Aug 2015, 11:46
i noticed the company agent has booked me an I ticket, it'll be my first time using the limo service and DTCI

just phoned VS to book the rides :)
#908225 by Bretty
06 Aug 2015, 14:13
Yay! They're a good company and very friendly drivers. Enjoy DTCI
Virgin Atlantic