This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#910980 by Ajbart
04 Oct 2015, 01:46
Greetings!!
Myself and my better half are travelling to Orlando in about a month ( It actually is an exact month today...Crikey, time flys when you aren't paying attention) and we have been allocated 16 d&e on the outward journey, and 23 h&k on way back, now on the VS site I shows all the pe seats are now allocated, so I'm guessing at this point in time there is no chance of change. So what should I know about these seats?? Answers on a postcard. Ta
#910983 by Neil
04 Oct 2015, 02:28
16D/E are 2 of a middle 4 in the main downstairs PE cabin, there is no particularly good, different or bad about them compared to any of the other seats.

23HK are a set of 2 in the upper deck cabin. The upper deck is split 50/50 with the front half PE and the back half Economy. It is a nice cabin upstairs and certainly preferable to be in a 2, especially for a night flight.
#910989 by Southroma
04 Oct 2015, 09:22
now on the VS site I shows all the pe seats are now allocated, so I'm guessing at this point in time there is no chance of change. [/quote]

Hi Ajbart,

Keep checking the VS site to see if/when there are any changes to the seat allocations. Chances are there will be some showing as vacant before you go. I usually find there are changes when I check in on line. Good luck and have a good trip.

Kind regards,

John
#910991 by HWVlover
04 Oct 2015, 09:43
Ajbart wrote:.... now on the VS site I shows all the pe seats are now allocated, so I'm guessing at this point in time there is no chance of change.

Not the case. Virgin Holidays block book seats in advance and any seats left unsold from their allocation are released any time between 72 hours and 24 hours before the flight. So it is worth checking regularly in that time frame.
#911005 by Eggtastico
04 Oct 2015, 12:30
Neil wrote:16D/E are 2 of a middle 4 in the main downstairs PE cabin, there is no particularly good, different or bad about them compared to any of the other seats.

You obviously never been stuck in the middle (middle seat of 5 in economy many years ago) when needing to use the toilet & being unable to wake those in your isle.
#911006 by Neil
04 Oct 2015, 12:48
Eggtastico wrote:
Neil wrote:16D/E are 2 of a middle 4 in the main downstairs PE cabin, there is no particularly good, different or bad about them compared to any of the other seats.

You obviously never been stuck in the middle (middle seat of 5 in economy many years ago) when needing to use the toilet & being unable to wake those in your isle.

I haven't, but as the OP is travelling with a partner, then at least one of them will have aisle access so anything like that shouldn't be an issue.
#911020 by Ajbart
04 Oct 2015, 15:42
Thankyou for all your comments, so if and when they release any unbought seats, what seating areas should I be looking for?
#911021 by VS075
04 Oct 2015, 15:57
Ajbart wrote:Thankyou for all your comments, so if and when they release any unbought seats, what seating areas should I be looking for?

Depends what you're after really. If you want a swift exit from the plane to stand a chance of beating the immigration queues, I suggest looking to see if seats 19 A/C/D are available, however the downside is you'll be served last for the meal service (only really an issue if your choice of meal runs out).
#911025 by Ajbart
04 Oct 2015, 18:26
Again thank you for your insights, my OH has a question she'd like me to ask, as we are flying PE, would be better to do OLCI, or check in at the airport to ensure that we get our priority stickers for our luggage/boarding passes?
#911028 by gumshoe
04 Oct 2015, 18:48
I'd do OLCI. You'll still have to stop by a check in desk to drop off your bags so they'll be tagged then. Up to you whether you want to print your own boarding passes, send them to your phone by text or email or get them at the airport.
#911030 by pjh
04 Oct 2015, 19:34
OLCI always. Somewhere in the VS t&c is a statement about pre-assigned seats being released back to a pool for assignment at the airport if you don't do OLCI a certain number of hours before your flight.
#911049 by Eggtastico
05 Oct 2015, 09:15
Neil wrote:I haven't, but as the OP is travelling with a partner, then at least one of them will have aisle access so anything like that shouldn't be an issue.

Thats true... on a trip back from Vegas in an isle of 4, my partner was on the inside & the other person on the inside used her as pillow & kept stealing her blanket. The woman was sleeping, so probably wasnt aware
Virgin Atlantic