This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#913844 by pjh
30 Nov 2015, 08:40
That all the 60% of seats that VS make available for pre assignment have been taken? It should spring back to life again at the point of OLCI.
#913848 by AngieO
30 Nov 2015, 13:09
Thanks, i was trying to select a free seat three days out. Got to select it but could not submit it.
#913860 by pjh
30 Nov 2015, 23:14
AngieO wrote:Thanks, i was trying to select a free seat three days out. Got to select it but could not submit it.

??? Usually the map becomes completely unavailable if the scenario I suggested is the case....
#913868 by AngieO
01 Dec 2015, 06:05
Yeah its completely unavailable even to purchase a seat. It was available everytime i checked, but three days before my flight i could select a seat but when i tried to submit it it did not go through. Now it just keeps saying seatmap not available. Ah well hope that does not mean i wont get a seat!
#913869 by pjh
01 Dec 2015, 08:37
AngieO wrote:Yeah its completely unavailable even to purchase a seat. It was available everytime i checked, but three days before my flight i could select a seat but when i tried to submit it it did not go through. Now it just keeps saying seatmap not available. Ah well hope that does not mean i wont get a seat!

"Seat map not available" is the behaviour expected if the preassignment quota is full. Hopefully if you try on line check in at T-24 it should be available again.
Virgin Atlantic